The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Oct 18/22 Valiant Canucks @ Forever-Blue Jackets 4pm PT at Nationwide Arena SNP SN650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

19 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

When he was a rookie we loved any Boeser assist. He may look invisible but he's second in scoring on the team. Token assist or not he's got more points than Podkolzin, Höglander , Bo, Garland etc. Just because he hasn't scored a goal doesn't mean anything. I think the only way he'll get 30 is if he's on pp1, which went to kuzmenko.

Miller has 3 points but has been the Canucks biggest liability on the ice so far. Boeser is looking like a shell of what he was in his rookie season. He can’t do anything much outside of scoring goals which is what he’s being paid handsomely to do. 

Just now, eeeeergh said:

Time to take JT off the penalty kill altogether.

Run with these 4 forwards:

Mikeyev, Lazar, Petey, Horvat

We're still cooked until we get another good penalty killing defenseman anyway. 

I think the three Pk units should be:

Lazar-Mikehyev

Aman-Podkolzin

Horvat-Pearson 

13 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Sadly we lack having another good C who is a help on the PK. We have 3 offensive C's, league has changed but I think we are unbalanced with what our C's on the team bring O zone vs D zone

We have Horvat!

Notice his name isn’t on the list? No reason he shouldn’t be logging heavy pk time. Take him off the powerplay to balance it out until we get the pk sorted.

Horvat-Mikayev

Pettersson-Lazar

Aman-Hoglander

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I smell another record :bigblush:  Canucks are really hitting it out of the park this year

Intrigued by the Boqvist healthy scratch and Myers on his way to Columbus. Don't want to get my hopes up though, probably a coincidence.

I think the Canucks dig deep tonight and pull out the win. They have to, right?

Odd to think, but next to Hughes, I think Burroughs is the Canucks best Dman

Hope Martin is ready for Gaudreau and Johnson

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The assist on Horvat’s goal is not a “token assist” try watching a game. 

He was driving play and going hard to the net. The Pearson goal Horvat setup is the template for what people are looking for here, tough hard nosed go to the net hockey. If it doesn’t fill their fantasy Horvat is a soft floater perspective then they ignore. 

We should be looking for more Bos on this team not getting rid of them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Miller has 3 points but has been the Canucks biggest liability on the ice so far. Boeser is looking like a shell of what he was in his rookie season. He can’t do anything much outside of scoring goals which is what he’s being paid handsomely to do. 

I swear if we didn't collapse in all 3 games no one would be complaining that Brock has 3 points, or that Miller has 3 pts.