The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 22, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Coconuts said:

Perhaps, but given his extension he can't flex his RFA muscle the way Pettersson can and that's a concern of mine because Pettersson should be part of whatever comes next for this team

I don't know if Horvat will want to come back at this rate, we should be looking to move Miller quick

I was never on board with signing him but I didn't think he'd look this bad this early

This is Petey's team now and they should have seen that last year.  I honestly don't know what path they're going to.tske now........if you move Miller, you're not going to get much in return, if you move Boeser you probably have to.add a sweetner, you trade Horvat and lose your best 200ft player, you trade Garland and you trade your most consistent worker and play driver

• Cheers 3

43 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

Obviously bad conflicts in the room. Come on JR make a decision and get it done. The team is without spirit. Trade Miller for Arber Jackeye and get this team some backbone.

The new FO, seems to be letting Aquaman marinate with the roster he & JB built.  Hard for the new FO, to make the moves they think is best, if the owner has not bought in.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It would, but would anyone give us anything for him at this stage? A 2nd and Chychrun would be probably about all we'd get.

Getting rid of an unhappy player who’s not fitting in whilst filling another void  you take it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pomorick said:

are you blind and stupid?

out of the assistant coaches, yeo was the only one that NHL teams deemed good enough to employ as a head coach before. He's also only been with this team for 6 games.

If you're going to point the finger, why not at the guy (ahem... Jason King) that's been around for literally the whole time this teams special teams has struggled, dating back to last year? 

• Cheers 1

What to do now? I don't think this management group had what it takes to fix this team. Can this market even survive another 5 years of no playoffs and mediocrity? Maybe it's best this franchise leaves Vancouver and put us out of out misery. Vancouver sports teams has nothing but losers, no winners. Grizzlies were garbage and moved, Whitecaps suck, etc. There is no winning culture in this city. Lions don't count as they play in a 8 team league.

I was at the game tonight as I have season tickets - unfortunately.

Ok here is the report.  This is a lousy team.  No sugar coating, This is a lousy team.

Right now of our vaunted 3 centres only Petey is any good.  Miller is awful and Horvat is disinterested.

Mikhaev is terrible.

Boeser is terrible.

Demko is lousy right now.  I believe in him but he looks like he ate donuts all summer.

Our defense is sub par - but big surprise it is our underperforming overpaid forwards that are killing this team.

This could be a team that finishes last in the league (as they are right now).  

Don't be shocked if they finish well under last year's point total.

• Like 1