The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 22, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

22 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Can I make a proposal?

We hire KB3 as D coach.

Lure Burrows out of MTL to run the PP coaching in cooperation with the Sedins overseeing.

Hire Trotz as head coach and let him have complete control over the spectrum and provide mentorship/direction to the new assistants who learn from one of the best. 

Rebuild this team from the back end out with a defensive minded, two way approach that still enables and supports offense (in the mold of a Darryl Sutter style).

hard nosed, hard to play against, committed, and responsible. This will extend Demko’s career and enable him further (potentially earning him a Vezina).

edit: this is obviously once we’ve committed to a rebuild and have made some changes and acquired set pieces to begin with 

Can we just have that once again please?

Ghost of 1915 can run the tunes. 

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, gurn said:

If fans want to send a message?

don't go to the next  game- and those that have seasons ticket could, not buy anything at the concessions.

A one game boycott? Or everyone walks outs out of the 'bowl' during the second intermission, yet no one buys anything.

return to seats for the 3rd?

Take pointers from the Whitecaps Southsiders/Larchieders

Exactly.  Much better than throwing stuff on ice.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Idiots think they know better than JR? 

JR isn't infallible. Decades of management experience doesn't make you incapable of miscalculating or making moves that don't turn out well, there are 32 management groups around the league and I guarantee you there are fans amongst those fanbases who've been right about moves their teams have or haven't made in retrospect. 

For example, there were plenty of fans open to moving out Boeser and Miller over the summer, looking back those could have very well been better moves. Time will tell. 

You don't have to know better than JR or have his experience to end up being right about something. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

In your opinion.

many others will dis agree.

I'm fine with either being done.

Not my clothing = not my call.

There is a line in my opinion. Throw it in the thrash bin, donated it, hold a sign, boo etc. What's next, throw beer and food on the ice?  Not my food = not my call?  

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

it is getting goofy. The worst thing to me is this new meth inspired ad's on the boards. If it keeps up I think I'm going to cancel my streaming and find "alternative" viewing options if I'm going to be forced to have to look at that and ad's on the jerseys. Its really taking me for granted as a fan. 

Oh man, those things are terrible. They hurt my eyes and I keep thinking how dumb they look when the play is going on.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

There is a line in my opinion. Throw it in the thrash bin, donated it, hold a sign, boo etc. What's next, throw beer and food on the ice?  Not my food = not my call?  

The issue is jersey tossing, and people's apparent  inability to  figure out it is the least of the issues in Canuck land.

Whole pile of folk, thinking they are better fans, because........

What is next?

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

We are currently two 0-3 runs from essentially missing the playoffs as per last years metrics.  We need to win at least 48 of the next 76 games to make the post season.

This is SIX games in to the season with this math.

If we lose say 6 more games with 14 wins in the next 20, we will be 14-10-2 with 30 points  leaving us exactly 50 games to make 68 points to make the playoffs with a 98 point berth.  This equates to something ridiculous like a .644 winning percentage IF we only lose 6 games in the next 20 while winning 14 outright

I don't wanna do the pessimism thing, but that math is NOT positive or in the team's favour

17 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

As much as I love Bruce.. If Barry Trotz drops a hint that he is wanting to come back into the coaching world.. Aquaman better be prepared to add another coach to his long pay-roll list.. Maybe Barry's style is more of a fit for this team, a style that can squeeze a strong team defensive play-style even out of a line-up like we have.

26 minutes ago, gurn said:

In your opinion.

many others will dis agree.

I'm fine with either being done.

Not my clothing = not my call.

It is not an opinion.

It has always been a dangerous thing to do, to throw things on the ice.

That's why it has been heavily shunned for a hundred years or more.

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

It is not an opinion.

It has always been a dangerous thing to do, to throw things on the ice.

That's why it has been heavily shunned for a hundred years or more.

A jersey is easy to spot, and iirc was not tossed during play.

• Sad 1