The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 22, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Watching after hours....John S. is such "A Homer" doesn't ask one single tough question that needs asking in this time of crisis.    just wants to snuggle up to JR like pussy and stay in his good books.  Thankfully the CBC Toronto guy had nothing to lose and put Jim on the spot with those questions.    

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Because he's basically a Green clone.  Doesn't prepare the team well and isn't man enough to hold himself accountable.  Neither have any business coaching at the NHL level, and we cant' afford to have another unprofessional clown sabotaging the team after what Green did to the dressing room.  Enough is enough.

Bull shit. Time to hold the team accountable. This isn’t on the god damn assistant coach who just got here. Honestly. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

To all those saying fire management.

Where does that get you?

Only 7 teams in the NHL have over $4+ million in cap space.

Of those teams, maybe Ottawa, Buffalo and Detroit might take a Canuck player.

But it won't be OEL, Myers, Boeser, or Miller. Unless we are throwing in a 1st, and that makes no sense.

Bo, Petey, Hughes, Garland have trade value. But we'd be selling low.

There's no quick fix.

We're stuck.

Changing coaches won't do anything either. The assistants, maybe.

This could be the time that ownership HAS to accept a proper rebuild. There pretty much is no other way.

Look at yeo’s coaching history wiki, every team  he was put  in ,in a asst. capacity only to take over from the fired coach in a interim basis (hired gun)  it was good to hear Rutherford saying they would honour BB,s second year. If there’s anything aside from miller’s disgruntled attitude yeo would only make it worse BBS not problem , Miller is. Trade Miller for some backend help and get rid of the locker room ZIT. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Hughes better not be off the table, he's the chip that would bring a massive return

Just ship him to new jersey to play with his brothers.. he would be so much happier than being here.  That's the next best thing and I want him to succeed instead of spending his prime years in a team like this.

Just now, R3aL said:

I want a power point presentation! I want to see the steps, what they working on what their back up is with deadlines and who’s responsible for each task to get us thereS

im not asking for a lot here 

well honestly what can we really do right now is what im wondering.

fire the coach again? who's available? would someone like trotz want to coach here? hire another newbie rookie coach?

make a big trade? other teams have probably taken notice of miller and his stock is likely a lot lower compared to the offseason.

perhaps horvat? But trading the captain?

There's definitely a lot of decisions needed to be made. I would not want to be part of that management group right now.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hughes better not be off the table, he's the chip that would bring a massive return

Perhaps, but given his extension he can't flex his RFA muscle the way Pettersson can and that's a concern of mine because Pettersson should be part of whatever comes next for this team

I don't know if Horvat will want to come back at this rate, we should be looking to move Miller quick

I was never on board with signing him but I didn't think he'd look this bad this early

• Cheers 1