The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Carolina Hurricanes at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Muttley said:

We miss Quinn Hughes so much in just this kind of game. His speed and the ability to make good decisions on the power play. We have no substitute for that. 

Ridiculous how important he is. Sure he’s not a defensive stud but the puck hardly gets up the ice without him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Before the game began, did u really think they'd lose the game by only a 3-2 score? Or were u seriously thinking they were gonna beat the canes?

I did not  

Canes are a cup contender, and we are not. We were so overmatched, especially with all the d-men out. 

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

They were?

Exactly. It's crazy that some on here would just rather keep this team and stick with them even though they have proven nothing. This group has taken this team nowhere. Some on here are scared of a full rebuild but are ok with just being stuck in mediocrity. Fans would rather stay in this stage.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't think JR will allow it to get that bad.  Neither will Aquilini.  Especially considering how everyone said Aquilini waited too long last year to fire Green and Benning.

Mind you I don't really have an issue with this continuing as it will allow us to have a shot at Bedard and maybe JR will embrace a full rebuild...

What's bringing in a new coach going to do during a lost season? We just did that, I'm not expecting another lengthy hot stretch. May as well ride it out and re-evaluate in the offseason. 

Plus, who's out there that you'd want to replace him with? Why would Trotz come to this loser? If they're going to let Bruce go they may as well wait til another team fires someone they might be intrigued by. 

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1