The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Carolina Hurricanes at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I can’t even watch whole games anymore. I caught the last 5min of this game and it seemed a lot closer than I expected (I read how we were awful the first 15min). 

Anyone else here think that emptying your net with 2-3 min to go in a 1 goal game is a bit much? I would rather Demko stay in until the last min of play and when we are in their zone with puck possession. 

Edited by grandmaster

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Crazy how they said a good start was important and now they are happy if they don't quit. The shots were 15-3 in the third. I don't really know what you call that. That good start talk means nothing when they just can't figure it out. Wrong personnel.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Cheers 2

Talk of trading Demko is one of the stupidest thing I have heard in a while.

An elite NHL goalie has a top range playing lift of at least 10 years, quite often elite goalies will go 15 years.

With Demko, the Canucks have their #1 goalie needs taken care of until at least 2032.

Look around... how many teams in the league are desperate for a #1????

For the Canucks to trade a 26 year old Demko would be one of the most moronic and idiotic decisions imaginable.

• Cheers 1

Just to break up the doom and gloom, here's my observation from watching the game...  

The Good: 

JT Miller had his best game of the season.  He scored twice, threw some big hits and was hard on the puck all day.  Played much more responsibly and won a few battles against Skjei.  

Brisebois was excellent in his small, limited role.  He had a nice shift on the PK...  

Speaking of PK, I will call it good today despite that mini-meltdown where they scored 15 seconds in. 

Pearson - Lazar - Joshua had a few good shifts and look like a start of a good line.  

The Bad:  

Burroughs looked overmatched.  I thought it was a really tough game for OEL today.  Horvat really needed to play more assertive. 

The Ugly: 

Canucks' confidence.  They completely deflated twice today...  first time in the 1st as soon as they took a penalty.  It was comical. Second melt down was after the 2-1 goal.  

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

An elite NHL goalie has a top range playing lift of at least 10 years, quite often elite goalies will go 15 years.

With Demko, the Canucks have their #1 goalie needs taken care of until at least 2032.

For the Canucks to trade a 26 year old Demko would be one of the most moronic and idiotic decisions imaginable.

It’s all stupid because we have no idea what’s going on. What this team is doing, what management is doing. It’s a cluster of knowing nothingness :frantic:

• Haha 1

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

Because in their 30s they start to break down.  Are we competitive in 4-5 years?  Depends on what management's plan is.  Would you do it for Jesper Wallstedt + dman prospect?  Wild need a goalie on contract to get them through their dead cap years.