The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Oct 27/22 Vancouver Canucks(0-5-2) @ Seattle Kraken(3-3-2) Climate Pledge Arena 7:00 TV: SNP, ROOT-NW RADIO: SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Giving up a breakaway in final min of period is not acceptable either.

Not all on Demko. But nothing is working now. 

Just shows that last year's "run" was largely on Demko's play. And when he's even average, it exposes a lot of our glaring weaknesses.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ktcy2 said:

But how can we be so bad?

I don't think we necessarily have a terrible roster.  I think the other teams have improved significantly with combined speed, aggressiveness, and skills on all 4 lines.  And the Canucks haven't been playing with enough confidence and tenacity to match them.  Just my 2 cents.

When was the last time we generated a breakaway or an odd man rush? Heck, we can barely control a puck. 

And then defensively, we are constantly giving up grade A chances, making desperate plays at the last minute to poke pucks off sticks, and letting players shoot from dangerous areas. 

We have nothing positive to build on. It’s not working at either end of the ice 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, StealthydekeyPetey said:

Benning thought Gudbrandson was another team cornerstone.

Yes, it's actually astonishing anyone could possibly believe - even for a second -that Gudy two shoes is better than McCaan.   Just baffles the mind!  And, yes, you are correct that this is just another in the extremely loooooong list of Jim Benning screw-ball decisions - fully supported by Aqua-Lini for almost a decade which has resulted in the mess we're in now!