The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Oct. 27, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Through the first 8 games , the Canucks are the second worst team in the entire league.  Post humbly? A- don't arrogantly tell me how to post then talk about being humble,  and B- I am a Canucks fan, so having humility is a requirement . 

Thanks for the in depth history lesson. Lol

Taking a dump on Seattle while being a supporter of Vancouver(with the second worst standings) is every reason you ought to be humble and show humility.  

Secondly, don’t be arrogant yourself in your posts and opinions of Seattle, when Seattle, on this projected pace, may rank higher than Vancouver in the standings. 

Lastly, as a Canucks fan you should always expect things to go tits up. So don’t behave like a piece of shit towards other Canucks fans when they’re just trying to reel you in. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Through the first 8 games , the Canucks are the second worst team in the entire league.  Post humbly? A- don't arrogantly tell me how to post then talk about being humble,  and B- I am a Canucks fan, so having humility is a requirement . 

Thanks for the in depth history lesson. Lol. 

Respect is earned , not given sparkey. So far , you've earned f all

Koodos for standing for your opinion. But, “Sparkey” you don’t have to be condescending. I get that the response angered you, but how does this rectify anything? Shit we all have our opinions, but it’s just a game after all.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Most of the players are starting to look more like they did to end last season which is good to see, especially JT.  But the most important person is still Demko.  We need him to do his thing.

Demko hasn’t been even close to his last year performance. If he was in his form from last year, he could have won us 3-4 games this season.
He is one of our top players. Relying on him to make the game saving stop is as important as our forwards scoring the game winning goals. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Seattle last year isn’t the same team this year. 

Respect them. That’s a solid team over there. 

Losing environment? Are you entirely ignorant or just partially? 

The Kraken have a solid team for being in the League 2 years in. 

The Canucks were shit for more than a decade when we started. Have some respect and learn some team history before shitting on other teams. Have humility. Post humbly. 

Green, is that you?

Seattle's honestly not that great. Your glowing praise of how that team is/was constructed shows just how biased and ill informed you are. Their expansion draft has been popularly panned as a failure for the most part. Yes, they have some good pieces, but Francis made some very off-the-wall choices, on the dubious basis of analytics.

Our very own Cammi Granato has overseen (thus far) two disastrous teams: Seattle and right now Vancouver. You say this year's Seattle team is different than Vancouver - not really. They are so far (it's early) below .500. We are worse, obviously, but that doesn't make Seattle 'good'. Lmfao.

I can think about four teams that are more known for analytics than most, and it's about 50/50. Successful ones: Carolina and Florida. Failures: Seattle and Arizona. Small sample, but this just shows that the numbers strangely don't add up...

Put down the Seattle kool-aid.

8 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

you are right.

I shouldn't be going after people, but sometimes anger gets the best of us.

People shouldnt be shaming others for enjoying a game.

Cheers. 

You’re right. 

Anger does get the best of all of us.  

You’re among the best people here, or anywhere, that can acknowledge it. 

Most likely better than me in that aspect. 

Well said. 

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

First of all, try that again in English. 

Secondly watching  8 periods speaks to having a social life, not how much I enjoy watching hockey. I’ll watch every playoff game come April regardless of if the Canucks are in or not. Do you?

Belittling another poster should be beneath you. 

The team won today. 

Support one another bud. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Wow what a bad game, great in some aspects, terrible in others. 

The special teams was great and realistically won us the game here. Petey and Mikheyev really complement each other nicely. Garland, Kuz and Miller were all solid all over the ice.

Our defence is shambles but that will happen with so many AHL-quality guys. They basically let one of the worst offensive teams in the league make 2 beautiful offensive plays to spring breakaways and made us look like chums.

Demko was dreadful, nearly lost us the game, he made a bunch of saves, sure, but the first 2 goals should have never gone in and yet again on their last goal he's swimming and scrambling in the crease. He's lost all his confidence and is a new goalie now, for the worse. Ian better snap him out of it fast because a thin D can't be held up by his sloppy play any longer.

Petey is this team's bright star of course and really ran the show today.

On to tomorrow's shlacking, we probably aren't going to win but getting a loser point, or at least keeping it to a 2 goal loss would be nice.

6 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Demko hasn’t been even close to his last year performance. If he was in his form from last year, he could have won us 3-4 games this season.
He is one of our top players. Relying on him to make the game saving stop is as important as our forwards scoring the game winning goals. 

For sure.  One of the reasons why this start has been so disappointing.  The Canucks should have won more than half of their games so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Love that a win against one of the absolute worst teams in the NHL last season is exciting for some.  This is your Jim Benning rebuilt Vancouver Canucks ladies and gents . Never met so many Canucks fans out and about that couldn't care less anymore.  It's sad. 

But sure..... yay......the canucks finally beat someone ( that happens to be a bottom feeder), in overtime,  with their supposedly rebuilt team. Lol. Only in Vancouver. 

Who Cares Bill Murray GIF

44 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

@Devronnailed it. Balance is necessary. These past eight games have been revealing. You have to understand the pendulum will swing the other way. 

This is a hockey forum full of folks with all sorts of views. Don't cry when others challenge "warranted criticism" after a win.

Challenge all you like, it won't make the criticism any less legitimate. It ain't just fans speaking to it, but people who make their livelihood covering hockey or a living, and they don't all have some sort of anti-Canuck bias. The team hasn't been good, the results haven't been there and almost weren't tonight. It's nice to see them get the win, you can tell they were relieved, but it was largely more of the same outside of special teams being better. This still looks like a team that could use some serious surgery and a rebuild. 

It's a results driven business, they've had a historically bad start. Maybe tonight sparks them, maybe it doesn't, doesn't take away from how poor a start they've had either way. 

You can try and balance things if you feel the need, but your approach isn't the only way, or the right way to be a fan. Fandom is always going to be a personal experience and everyone will express it and their views differently. Myself and others aren't trolls for being more critical than you, or for pointing out the negatives and some posters aren't saints for refusing to say anything negative about the team ever regardless of how they play or how individual players perform. There isn't a right way to be a fan, there's just an individual way of being a fan and that's a broad and varied thing. I don't think folks have an issue with people celebrating a win so much as they've got an issue with how the Canucks looked getting that win. How they look matters, of course it matters. How they perform, what they do well and what they don't, and whether they're good or bad consistently matters too. If it didn't matter we wouldn't have a forum dedicated to discussing it all. 

It's been roughly a decade of mediocre hockey, people are pretty fed up and it's a divided fanbase on all sorts of fronts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1