The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Ethan Bear, Lane Pederson to Canucks for 2023 5th-round pick

8 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Do you actually stop to think before you post, or do you just let the bitchiest thing that crosses your mind spill out onto your keyboard?

Guy thinks a team is the dumbest franchise in the league.

Signs up for their forum, spends all his time there.  Hmmmm.  :towel:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Devron said:

I think they probably didn’t want to take on that cap. Isn’t it more than Bear and also I don’t think we had 4 defencemen injured at the time Myers was on waivers. Could be wrong though.

I like a good story and Bear is a great story especially the way he was treated in Edmonton. I hope he brings it when we play those guys. I’m rooting for him.

His cap hit is $2.5m this year

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

You're attaching to emotions to my original post that don't exist.

I made honest observations about this trade.  This idea that I'm somehow upset, frustrated, disappointed, etc. are simply false and contrived ones from other people.

Not attaching to emotions Mr Robot. Just an honest observation of my own.

Does that help?

9 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Damn this is embarrassing! I just learned we lost the Spencer Martin trade even though we got him for zippo (good ol’ futures.) TB goes to cup finals…us not so much. Out gm’ed again!

We got Spencer Martin for future considerations. The consideration must have been a free pass to the Stanley cup finals.

There is no other way to explain Bennings incompetence 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Hey how about that Ethan Bear guy?  Thoughts?

A player that I can really get behind and cheer for.

Expectations, bottom pairing defencemen. Fill in top 4 when needed. Kinda like a healthy Poolman 

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Devron said:

I think they probably didn’t want to take on that cap. Isn’t it more than Bear and also I don’t think we had 4 defencemen injured at the time Myers was on waivers. Could be wrong though.

I like a good story and Bear is a great story especially the way he was treated in Edmonton. I hope he brings it when we play those guys. I’m rooting for him.

I believe we will all soon be rooting for him. It's hard enough for privileged white kids to make the NHL, couldn't imagine what he and the likes of Odjick, Trotier, Tootoos, etc to get there. 

Play hard Bear!!

• Like 3