The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 1, 2022 New Jersey Devils(6-3-0) @ Vancouver Canucks(2-5-2) 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena SN360 SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

3 hours ago, Harold Drunken said:

Karen's = Fans who can look at things objectively while considering many factors, stats, cap hit and overall value and not automatically come to his aid because he's a nice guy and has pretty hair?

Boeser is a goal scorer, he doesn't kill penalties or play particularly well defensively nor is he physical or outspoken.......If he's not scoring, he doesn't have a ton of value, that's the reality of it and his game. I like Boeser as much as anyone, but he's gotta put the puck in the net consistently to have any value at his cap hit.

Boeser is underrated playmaking wise but I agree he's a pure goal scorer and that's why he should play with an elite playmaking centre. 

They have excellent chemistry, playing him with a centre in Horvat who is not anywhere near a playmaker is a waste. Brock has what 4 assists in 5 games which shows he can more than just a goal scorer, in fact he's shown that since 2019 and especially in the 56 game season where he led the team in points. Him and Petey got split last season when both struggled but the Petey were seeing now is exactly the guy to get Brock 30+ goals 70 points.

As far as people defending him based on his usage, no camp  and playing with a better Centre are looking at things  objectively more than people who say things like he's only a goal scorer or people defend him for his hair or cause hes nice.

The funny thing is is the guy you quoted warned about people jumping all over him and right off the bat you attack his game by saying he's only a scorer and. That his defenders defend him over his hair and his demeanor ignoring his faults which I haven't seen often on these boards 

Your kind off 

New Jersey has been a bit of a bogey team for us for some time.  Fresh off a 7-1 win, as well.

BUT

I think the Canucks, even fresher off 3 days rest, will see this one out.  4-2 Canucks.

Not a good night for the tankers, but many losses will come this season.  (I hope).

46 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's getting the Travis Green treatment.......no matter how well he plays or how hard he works BB isn't going to give him ice time or the kinds of linemates he needs.

My only criticism of Bruce is how he deploys Podz and Brock. I think both can be big contributors with the right line mates.

1 minute ago, AV. said:

New Jersey has been a bit of a bogey team for us for some time.  Fresh off a 7-1 win, as well.

BUT

I think the Canucks, even fresher off 3 days rest, will see this one out.  4-2 Canucks.

Not a good night for the tankers, but many losses will come this season.  (I hope).

Honest question, cause I know I tease you sometimes.

What is the threshold, by the end of the season, for tankers that would make them content that we didn't tank?

Making the playoffs?... First round, second round exit?

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

The devils are scary as hell.. #1 in the league xgf xga shots for shots against =\ and traditionally we suck against the devils and whoever they play in net is will channel their Marty brodeur against us lol.

• The Canucks are 58-40-17-3 all-time against the Devils, including a 32-13-11-2 record at home against New Jersey.

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Honest question, cause I know I tease you sometimes.

What is the threshold, by the end of the season, for tankers that would make them content that we didn't tank?

Making the playoffs?... First round, second round exit?

A playoff appearance is technically progress, but not very meaningful progress, in my opinion.  Beyond that, probably winning a round or something, and I'd think everybody could tip their hat to that.

It's difficult to say because the ultimate goal is a Stanley Cup, and tanking and getting a good player is the very first step, of many steps, to becoming a legitimate cup contender.  The team, as it is, is simply not good enough to go all the way.

Edited by AV.
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Harold Drunken said:

I've always been a huge fan of the Johnny Canuck logo, IMO it represents the organization better than the Orca, though a lot will disagree with that I'm sure. I feel like the Orca is dated and played out at this point. I've never been a fan of the Orca logo from day 1 to be honest. 

Thanks for not lying.

• Haha 2