The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

27 minutes ago, chon derry said:

He’ll go with the Rodgers revenue and the 4 playoff game revenue. That’s the brick wall that separates the rebuild from reality. Someone needs to tell him his brain is an app and he should start using it. 

well the playoff revenue thing will be out of the picture in 2 weeks. 

Michael Russo  who's covering the Minnesota Wild with the following statements on the Canucks team.

at 2:53  Their blueline is embarrassing / Their blueline is not adequate

at 4:21  and the problem is there's some personalities in that room that are very aggressive. When things go tough they become bad.

I find it very interesting that hockey analysts everywhere in north america know exactly what's going on in the Canucks locker room.

Here's the link to the podcast:

16 minutes ago, BPA said:

No guarantee.  But being dead last nets Canucks a top 3 pick.  Which, by all accounts, are very good prospects (Tier 1) supposedly.

thats a healthier way to look at it.

All this Bedard talk is just another anger fest waiting to happen. CHI will go up 9 spots to win it over us. That'll be fun. 

4 minutes ago, Disgruntler said:
  • Trade Miller, retain $1.5
  • Trade Boeser
  • Sign Horvat
  • Trade Pearson, Garland, Hoglander for picks
  • Waive OEL, play Boner
  • Watch Bear, if he continues, extend
  • Does Schenn have an A? If not, give him one

Keep these 2 IMO. but everything else is agreeable.

• Cheers 1

Just now, swimsWithDucks said:

Right. Because having posts on this board makes you a hockey expert. Again. Learn to play hockey and also read a book. You're not that bright.

Hi.

Not supposed to have personal attacks. Against the board rules.

Attack the idea/ post all you want but not the poster.

Welcome to CDC.

• Vintage 3

8 hours ago, VanCan2023 said:

Remember...Bedard is not, nor will ever be McDavid. No cup in Edmonton, a lesser version will not guarantee success here either. 

Bwedard will be Bedard, why should he be McDavid?

7 hours ago, dougieL said:

5 years of Eriksson followed by 6 years of OEL. I'm literally exhausted just thinking about it.

Tack on the 7 years for Miller.

Contract lengths, for dubious players, seem to be going up.

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

well the playoff revenue thing will be out of the picture in 2 weeks. 

FA isn’t convinced. What else would his reluctance for a tear down be.? Season ticket is a sellout. He always has holdout hope for gravy on the fry’s 

• There it is 1

Demko could be better, but Hasek wouldn't be looking like a Hall Of Famer, given our defense.

The deadly give aways, multiple odd man rushes against. Dude in net is lucky to still be alive, given how badly some of his teammates are getting beaten on plays.

-Hoglander is not a good hockey player.  He is useless out there.  I think his rokie season was a case of "somebody on the team is going to get points".  He was awful last night.

-Podkolzin is looking terrible right now.  I think both him and Hoglander need some time in the AHL right now.

-Pearson look lost out there right now.  He has alwayss been a opretty vanilla guy, that is just a solid pro hockey player.  Not sure why he is so off.

-OEL looks atrotious,  Myers looks worse.

-Miller could do nothing last night, he looked slow, couldn't take a pass, nor could he make one.

-Demko gave up a huge rebound on the 2nd goal, but had no chance on the others.

-Mykheyev, Kuzmkeo, EP looked dangerous all night.  No finish whatsoever though. Petey had an open shot in the slot and put it up in the netting ( wrong neeting).  They ned to be better.  NJ buried their chances, we didn't, that was the ballgame.

-Bear and Studnicka looked just fine, I do like both those deals.

Schenn had one of the best shifts I have ever seen.  Two questionable hits from behind, then a fight that was straight ground and pound.  Somehow we got a PP, and gave up a shorty.

Love the Jerseys though.  

Devils and Sabres look like the real deal.  Anyone sleeping in the East better watch out, I think there are two less seats at the playoff table this year.

I think a major trade is incoming before next weeks eastern swing

• RoughGame 1

49 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I thought they might've turned a corner with the PIT win.  They have not.

This team is so frustrating. So many good players and a great coach, and yet, put it all together and it's crap. For years!

I have been saying for awhile now, its the character and leadership of this team, and its been that for decades. 

Look at our history. When we had character and leadership, we had a team which played BETTER in the playoffs then the regular season. Since then, we have been the exact reverse of that. We had great players that could not excel in the playoffs. We had Cloutier, Naslund, Luongo, the Sedins etc. Great players who could not "UP" their games in the post season. Linden and Bure were the last that could accomplish this and more so Linden who has lead his team with great character, which is well documented.

Another trait this team has possessed for decades is the ability to beat the top teams on any given night and then the next game lose to the lowly teams of the league. This has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with the character make up of the team IMO. 

Look what happens when there is pressure inflicted on the team, we flounder. Whether its a team that comes at us with speed and pressure or a team gets physical with us or they just plain out work us. We don't answer back. We also have one gear and that's it, it never changes. We should be playing with far more urgency right now, due to our slow start, but no we remain the same pace always. 

Right now, we are playing as individuals for the most part and it makes it look like we are lost and confused out there. There is no cohesion what so ever and I can't remember when I seen any player smiling on that bench. 

We need to move some players, not because they lack talent its because the chemistry and make up of the team is off. I agree with the one poster saying to give Schenn the Captaincy and get these players playing on the same page. 

This team seems frustrated and that has carried over from last season. 

I have said many times that Hank and Nazzy would have been far better off if they didn't have to carry the responsibility of leading the team and should have been left to other players such as Jovo, Ohlund , Kessler or Burrows. 

I think Bo still might make a great Captain but he should not have modeled his style completely the same as Hank IMHO. They are two completely different type of players.

I am OK with completely gutting the whole team, if that's what its going to take to get character and leadership back on this team.

• Like 2