The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Friedman says NYI scouting Canucks

86Viking

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Who does Horvat + 2nd for Dobson straight up?

I'd do Miller and a 2nd in a heart beat maybe even Miller + 1st (top 10 protected).

Seriously though I wonder if Miller's 47 goal pace and PPG now gets him into tradeable territory? Realistically I think we'll be stuck with him but even with say 1M retained it'd be nice if he netted us Pulock.

I think there is a GM out there who would be interested in Miller, still. 

But Bo's probably the main target now. He's two years younger than Miller, and hasn't had a ton of injuries to his body, and is a clutch performer in the postseason. 

I'm preparing myself to see Bo in another uniform and traded come the TDL. I can't see Allvin and Rutherford giving Bo and his camp what they're demanding and asking for. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I think there is a GM out there who would be interested in Miller, still. 

But Bo's probably the main target now. He's two years younger than Miller, and hasn't had a ton of injuries to his body, and is a clutch performer in the postseason. 

I'm preparing myself to see Bo in another uniform and traded come the TDL. I can't see Allvin and Rutherford giving Bo and his camp what they're demanding and asking for. 

I think it must all come down to what Bo wants. If we're still a sub-.500 team by the TDL he has every right to want to leave, the poor guy is built for the playoffs and has barely been in them. If he wants to stay with the sinking ship then by all means let him stay. If he wants to sign a 7-8M deal he deserves it and we should move cap around for him because a 40+ goal scoring defensive big, strong, playoff-performing center is worth it and you get rid of some silly contracts to keep him, including all our over-paid wingers and defencemen.

I'd hate to think we can't keep Bo cap-wise because we signed Mikheyev to a 5M deal, Brock to a 6M deal and have to re-sign Kuzmenko to an outrageous deal next off-season. This management is focussing on the wrong area - wingers - and ignoring our defence and may well soon be ignoring the 2nd most important area of the game at center.

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd do Miller and a 2nd in a heart beat maybe even Miller + 1st (top 10 protected).

Seriously though I wonder if Miller's 47 goal pace and PPG now gets him into tradeable territory? Realistically I think we'll be stuck with him but even with say 1M retained it'd be nice if he netted us Pulock.

Why would nyi trade Dobson for anyone? Hes possibly future norris winner.  Has all the tools to be a franchise player. 

Trading bo and keeping boeser, garland and even Miller solves nothing

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Why would nyi trade Dobson for anyone? Hes possibly future norris winner.  Has all the tools to be a franchise player. 

Trading bo and keeping boeser, garland and even Miller solves nothing

It boggles my mind that Miller or horvat would be traded while keeping boeser and garland.

Miller at 8 mil or garland at 5 ?  People complain about Miller coughing up the puck.  Watch garland and how many times he loses possession.

Would you take boeser at 7 or horvat at 9.?

I'd rather give bb away for nothing and gain cap space that we can leverage to acquire a d at the tdl than lose horvat. 

We will never solve our d problems without cap and that cap shouldn't come from losing horvat.

Pay the man and drop the dead weight. 

13 million between garland and Bb. 

The immediate focus should be getting Boeser in a position to succeed so he can be dealt. Same for garland. 

• Cheers 1

On 11/8/2022 at 10:45 AM, erkayloomeh said:

It boggles my mind that Miller or horvat would be traded while keeping boeser and garland.

Miller at 8 mil or garland at 5 ?  People complain about Miller coughing up the puck.  Watch garland and how many times he loses possession.

Would you take boeser at 7 or horvat at 9.?

I'd rather give bb away for nothing and gain cap space that we can leverage to acquire a d at the tdl than lose horvat. 

We will never solve our d problems without cap and that cap shouldn't come from losing horvat.

Pay the man and drop the dead weight. 

13 million between garland and Bb. 

The immediate focus should be getting Boeser in a position to succeed so he can be dealt. Same for garland. 

Who says that Garland and or Brock are here for long either.

but Horvat would bring a return that could free up space and or bring in a player good enough to fix another hole that is sinking this ship.

defence.

with the state of play, Demko could be dealt for another goalie to be a change.

not sure that’s a good idea.

but selling high, not high… 

On 11/8/2022 at 6:15 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think it must all come down to what Bo wants. If we're still a sub-.500 team by the TDL he has every right to want to leave, the poor guy is built for the playoffs and has barely been in them. If he wants to stay with the sinking ship then by all means let him stay. If he wants to sign a 7-8M deal he deserves it and we should move cap around for him because a 40+ goal scoring defensive big, strong, playoff-performing center is worth it and you get rid of some silly contracts to keep him, including all our over-paid wingers and defencemen.

I'd hate to think we can't keep Bo cap-wise because we signed Mikheyev to a 5M deal, Brock to a 6M deal and have to re-sign Kuzmenko to an outrageous deal next off-season. This management is focussing on the wrong area - wingers - and ignoring our defence and may well soon be ignoring the 2nd most important area of the game at center.

If it’s even a thought, a this point, with a change to snap this team around, with Bo’s play.  If the Nucks and player are not together at this point, with him being captain, time to make a deal. 

like now.  

don’t wait.

you can always fire a coach or get a team to pick a player like Garland off your roster, even for a loss.

but if something doesn’t get these guys to get serious for 60 minutes, I think making the most from a flop by selling a peak value on Horvat could be a wake up call for everyone.

2 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Who says that Garland and or Brock are here for long either.

but Horvat would bring a return that could free up space and or bring in a player good enough to fix another hole that is sinking this ship.

defence.

with the state of play, Demko could be dealt for another goalie to be a change.

not sure that’s a good idea.

but selling high, not high… 

Miller is the big question mark....can they trade him now?  I think they'll sign and keep Bo unless Bo wants out. Bo is more valuable to this team going forward.  I say all this as a Miller fan (but not a fan of his contract) and as someone who has been critical of Bo's captaincy. 

Brock has to be traded when he's on a run........even if we don't get full value.  He will be coveted still and we need the cap space.

Garland - I would be shocked to see him go unless we're on a full fire sale.

I've liked Pearson as the reliable swiss army knife over the years but his +/- has been atrocious this year.  Once healthy, I'm not sure how they deal with that contract but with JR's history, Pearson's days are likely near over for the Canucks.

Is Miller still the prime target for teams? His $56 million dollar contract starts next season and he's not exactly lighting it up. He'll be 30 soon too.

I would think they may now want Bo in a trade.  Hope the stubborn old man makes the right decisions for the team, not the Aquas.  

• There it is 2

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Is Miller still the prime target for teams? His $56 million dollar contract starts next season and he's not exactly lighting it up. He'll be 30 soon too.

I would think they may now want Bo in a trade.  Hope the stubborn old man makes the right decisions for the team, not the Aquas.  

Any win now team with a need on top 6 wing would be silly to not look at him. He's a play making, 1ppg power forward who can win draws, signed to a below market extension and on an expiring bargain deal.

The bigger question is does this management group have the huevos to course correct that contract they just signed.

• Vintage 3

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Miller has 13 in 14gp... he's not doing amazing but he's definitely still putting up points, someone would take him. However the return won't be huge. 

2 hours ago, Doxm said:

Miller has 13 in 14gp... he's not doing amazing but he's definitely still putting up points, someone would take him. However the return won't be huge. 

This on a team largely playing like excrement too. Imagine him going to a good team with players who actually play D to cover for his occasional lapses.

Again, what "win now" team wouldn't want to add his scoring and power forward game? It's just silly.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, aGENT said:

This on a team largely playing like excrement too. Imagine him going to a good team with players who actually play D to cover for his occasional lapses.

Again, what "win now" team wouldn't want to add his scoring and power forward game? It's just silly.

Yup, it's not that Miller is a poor offensive player it's that he doesn't line up with where this team is and likely won't over the remainder of his top years. We don't even resemble a surefire playoff team right now, let alone a team that'll contend sooner than later. JR put his foot in his mouth with the contention bit.

It'd be better for us, and him, if we could find him a landing spot on a team that's further ahead in terms of being competitive or in the hunt for a cup. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

On 11/8/2022 at 12:31 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Pretty sure everyone on the forum board would do that in a heartbeat.

But would be better if it was a 3rd or later. Very tired of losing 2nds like they have no value to the Canucks future.

Pulock isn't leaving he is in control and loves it there. And Dobson isn't getting moved I dont think.

Would have to be like Horvat Myers and a 2nd Round Pick and a prospect like mcdonaugh or better  for Dobson, Beuvillier, Pageau

Lou kinda likes Myers from reports, and maybe he romanticizes Horvat as the one that got away. 

Pageau is already expendable in there system so with Horvat going in even more so. He also has a $5M cap hit. Beauvillier would be to help balance the trade with losing Dobson and needed to help the $ work with signing Horvat and taking on Myers salary.

Our second round pick would be like a late first so aa high value pick. We cannot give up our 1st round pick for anything.

I dont know this jus came to me might not work at all.

But it would have to be big trade to make the dollars work for both sides and to even out the value.

Horvat and Dobson arent far off in values but Dobson def must be more valuable

But if you NYI why do you want Horvat?

You have Barzal, Nelson, Pageau, Czikas with Iskhakov and Raty coming up in the AHL.

Dobson is their number 1 PP Qb over Pulock. They could be losing Mayfield and if they trade away Dobson Pulock slots QB1 on PP1 and they need someone new on unit two. in our/ my version of the scenario that would be Myers.. Yikes.

I just dont see why NYI would ever consider trading Dobson at all let alone for a goal Scoring C when you are already deep at the position.

Canucks are driving me crazy I need to unplug my head hurts LOL

4 hours ago, Doxm said:

Why we play him with Horvaat 5 v 5, no more PK at all. Keep his legs fresh for 5v5 and PP and Bruce has to cracak down on his extra long shifts and keep him on the wing.

Let Bo and Miller pop off career numbers if possible and move them both.

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Pretty sure everyone on the forum board would do that in a heartbeat.

But would be better if it was a 3rd or later. Very tired of losing 2nds like they have no value to the Canucks future.

Pulock isn't leaving he is in control and loves it there. And Dobson isn't getting moved I dont think.

Would have to be like Horvat Myers and a 2nd Round Pick and a prospect like mcdonaugh or better  for Dobson, Beuvillier, Pageau

Lou kinda likes Myers from reports, and maybe he romanticizes Horvat as the one that got away. 

Pageau is already expendable in there system so with Horvat going in even more so. He also has a $5M cap hit. Beauvillier would be to help balance the trade with losing Dobson and needed to help the $ work with signing Horvat and taking on Myers salary.

Our second round pick would be like a late first so aa high value pick. We cannot give up our 1st round pick for anything.

I dont know this jus came to me might not work at all.

But it would have to be big trade to make the dollars work for both sides and to even out the value.

Horvat and Dobson arent far off in values but Dobson def must be more valuable

But if you NYI why do you want Horvat?

You have Barzal, Nelson, Pageau, Czikas with Iskhakov and Raty coming up in the AHL.

Dobson is their number 1 PP Qb over Pulock. They could be losing Mayfield and if they trade away Dobson Pulock slots QB1 on PP1 and they need someone new on unit two. in our/ my version of the scenario that would be Myers.. Yikes.

I just dont see why NYI would ever consider trading Dobson at all let alone for a goal Scoring C when you are already deep at the position.

Canucks are driving me crazy I need to unplug my head hurts LOL

I like how you said ‘pretty much everyone on this board would do that offer’ , then lower it to a 3rd in the next sentence.   LOL!

Zero chance NYI take it with a 2nd, let alone a worse offer.