The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 5 2022 - Nashville Predators @ Vancouver Canucks - 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

43 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Such are Bo’s powers right now that after helping to rehabilitate Miller he has now been tasked with doing it with Hogz.

In a few games expect Podz to appear on Bo’s wing.

I actually really want to see that

that would be a heavy hard to play against line if podz could get back to end of last year form

That would leave us with 2 established top six wingers to trade

12 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah I knew that plan wasn't going to work. We needed a good 3C instead of signing Miller. Now Pods is getting squeezed out with the winger carousel.

Almost like we should have moved some wingers *cough-Miller-cough* for some D/a 3C...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

And he was one of the very few who was making any effort and creating any chances.  Then he's dropped down the lineup for no good reason

You don’t happen to think he’s looked a bit lost and discouraged out there of late? We clearly have differing takes on the game it would seem. Which I’m cool with. :)

25 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

A couple bad plays, so ice time way down, so having a hard time producing

we have such a glut of forwards it’s absurd 

Not only that but last game Schenn was trying to start something behind the net and Podz was trying to skate away. He then took like 4 punches to the face and just took it.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

You don’t happen to think he’s looked a bit lost and discouraged out there of late? We clearly have differing takes on the game it would seem. Which I’m cool with. :)

I don't think he's looked lost at all, no.  I think.hes a great play maker playing with players who don't match his skill set.  He's right to be discouraged, imo 

As I've said all along, BB is doing very little different than green did and he's likely to meet the same fate soon 

14 minutes ago, cowboy644 said:

How the hell Stillman is in the lineup and Rathbone isn't is mind boggling.The Vancouver canucks have to be the most piss poor developing team in the league for at least 7 to 10 years.Demko and who in our lineup?

Don't forget that the PK has been terrible and Burroughs has been one of the best D on the PK and he is sitting. Stillman got bumped to PK duties too. Expect our PK to be fun

Just now, Muttley said:

The only reason JT Miller is playing wing is because the coaching staff is stacking up on two scoring lines. Would've been great to have three but it just

hasn't worked out, as of yet..

Also, he was God awful at C to start the year

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

Don't forget that the PK has been terrible and Burroughs has been one of the best D on the PK and he is sitting. Stillman got bumped to PK duties too. Expect our PK to be fun

Some of the lineup decisions lately have been…uh…rather curious to say the least.

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Almost like we should have moved some wingers *cough-Miller-cough* for some D/a 3C...

Talk to management that you all proclaimed to be our saviors. Seems offers were on the table for a Miller trade and getting Marino for Rathbone who cannot make the lineup.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Also, he was God awful at C to start the year

In his defense, that isn't his natural position.  One of the toughest positions to switch from (winger to center).  Not many can do that well.  Trevor Linden comes to mind, but he's like one in a million.

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

In his defense, that isn't his natural position.  One of the toughest positions to switch from (winger to center).  Not many can do that well.  Trevor Linden comes to mind, but he's like one in a million.

I think you could have put Linden on Rd and he would be better then anyone we have now.

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Even if Miller primarily plays wing it's fine. 8M for a PPG winger (who can slide over) is solid value.

Boeser to me is the one we need to move. Hopefully he can get back & be put in a position to play well so he boosts his value.

I'd also say they need to do the same with Rathbone, ala Hodgson back in the day.

Miller on the wing at $8m+ is far worse value than miller at c at $8m+.........which was already a terrible deal for Van

• There it is 1