The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This team is pooched, why aren’t we playing the kids?

Rate this topic

D.B Cooper

Good coach, this is just a bad team. 
‘I don’t like the decisions on the youth either.  
We keep burning assets to fill bottom pairing D roles when that is where our one developed prospect could slot in. 

Where do we spend on UFAs, on the wing, where do we extend UFAs, on the wing, where are all our quality prospects, on the wing what is the least important and easiest to fill position…

Only minor tweaks can happen between now and the deadline, the flat cap has assured that. Hopefully as we approach the deadline we can clear out some of the vets that just don’t fit but I expect in the next few weeks the team will start picking up a few more points on their drive to the middle which will be enough to make management feel we are competitive.

JR has never been shy about moving on from people that aren’t working which is why it is so frustrating what they have done through the deadline, off-season and early season this year. Even during the Bruce bump last year the team showed they weren’t championship level. 
‘We just keep waisting Bo and EPS best years. 

lol it's not like he hasn't played hoglander and podkolzin with EP.. and they've done literally NOTHING and nothing at all.. so should he keep playing them with EP even though they arent doing anything and let's screwed EP while at it? same with Rathbone.. in his 4 games so far i've seen nothing spectacular or good with him.. all i see is knock off the puck easily and trying to do too much in the offensive zone. or you want to play the kids just to satisfy your thirst to tank? coz so far the "kids" have done literally nothing to deserve more playing time. and the benching doesn't seem to have done much to "motivate" them either. the kids need to learn nothing is free in the NHL and they need to work hard and produce if they want to stay in the big league.. the rest of the guys like dries studnicka and whomever who cares about them.

• Upvote 1

Pretty clear this group isn’t one or two pieces away from being a wild card team let alone a cup contender. 

Blow  it up start over trade everyone petey hughes demko horvat miller podz Kuz  everyone . at this rate nobody will resign here anyway so max the return now. 
take veterans on bad short contracts to fill out the team tank hard 

the amount of high picks and top prospects we’d get would get would make us a better  in 4 or 5 years. It’s not like we could be worse. 

if FA is the reason and he most likely is  then JR should say he’s leaving because ownership is making all the hockey op calls so he’s not needed. 
  it’s not like JR needs another nhl Job. 

time for FA to hear the SELLTHETEAM chants.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Good coach, this is just a bad team. 
‘I don’t like the decisions on the youth either.  
We keep burning assets to fill bottom pairing D roles when that is where our one developed prospect could slot in. 

Where do we spend on UFAs, on the wing, where do we extend UFAs, on the wing, where are all our quality prospects, on the wing what is the least important and easiest to fill position…

Only minor tweaks can happen between now and the deadline, the flat cap has assured that. Hopefully as we approach the deadline we can clear out some of the vets that just don’t fit but I expect in the next few weeks the team will start picking up a few more points on their drive to the middle which will be enough to make management feel we are competitive.

JR has never been shy about moving on from people that aren’t working which is why it is so frustrating what they have done through the deadline, off-season and early season this year. Even during the Bruce bump last year the team showed they weren’t championship level. 
‘We just keep waisting Bo and EPS best years. 

He is, or was, but I think he's not the right coach for this team 

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

This is not how you blow a season.  
This team is not going to make the playoffs.  

Everyone knows it. 
So

Where the hell are the kids?

Bruce has gone out of his way to destroy the confidence and development of Podkolzin, Rathbone and Hoglander. 

We have Pearson sucking it up. 
Studblahblah. Dries.   These bums are getting games for some reason. 

Seriously.  Wtf is Bruce thinking?   
Im so sick of watching coaches ruin development to try to save their jobs and shitty seasons.  

Podz is our future. 
Hogz has proven he can be awesome. 
Rathbone is our only good D prospect and he is rotting away in the box. 
Lockwood is destroying the AHL right now. 

This team sucks. 
Our coach is old and over the hill. 
Management is only good at lip service.  
They are horrible, and completely full of shit.  

Enough is enough.  
Blow this shit up and rebuild FFS.  
Trade away the garbage. Give them away for free if we have too.  
Play the youth. 

With fans like this I wonder how Benning lasted 8 years…

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

This is not how you blow a season.  
This team is not going to make the playoffs.  

Everyone knows it. 
So

Where the hell are the kids?

Bruce has gone out of his way to destroy the confidence and development of Podkolzin, Rathbone and Hoglander. 

We have Pearson sucking it up. 
Studblahblah. Dries.   These bums are getting games for some reason. 

Seriously.  Wtf is Bruce thinking?   
Im so sick of watching coaches ruin development to try to save their jobs and shitty seasons.  

Podz is our future. 
Hogz has proven he can be awesome. 
Rathbone is our only good D prospect and he is rotting away in the box. 
Lockwood is destroying the AHL right now. 

This team sucks. 
Our coach is old and over the hill. 
Management is only good at lip service.  
They are horrible, and completely full of shit.  

Enough is enough.  
Blow this shit up and rebuild FFS.  
Trade away the garbage. Give them away for free if we have too.  
Play the youth. 

Don’t you see the pattern since FA came here. 
how many coaches does it take to show they aren’t making the calls the GMs to.

play the kids what fans have been calling for 9 years. Nope recycled tired vets over and over. 
The same players playing terrible not traded Myers should have been moved years ago the trade for OEL.

different management different coaches exact same problems 

only one constant FA. 

i can’t believe any self respecting coach or gm would want to come here to have their reputation destroyed by this ownership group. 

bruce has won 600 nhl games (only  Scotty Bowman and Jon Cooper boast a better points percentage as an NHL head coach (with at least 500 games) than Boudreau does). he’s not WD or TG he’s a good coach. 

management seems like there handcuffed,  A president know for trades traded scrapes nothing moved out. Lol 
Mangers on record saying Horvat is the priority then resigns miller lol. 
sounds a lot like Gillis saying we need an upbeat fast paced coach then torts is hired. Its the same movie over and over and it it has the same ending. 

There only one way to actually  change the outcome

SELLTHETEAM

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

With fans like this I wonder how Benning lasted 8 years…

He was a great fist puppet for his handler FA that how.he never spoke out or once showed any spine. 
Gillis canned after standing up for himself Burke was outspoken and opinionated  FA did not resign him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

46 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol it's not like he hasn't played hoglander and podkolzin with EP.. and they've done literally NOTHING and nothing at all.. so should he keep playing them with EP even though they arent doing anything and let's screwed EP while at it? same with Rathbone.. in his 4 games so far i've seen nothing spectacular or good with him.. all i see is knock off the puck easily and trying to do too much in the offensive zone. or you want to play the kids just to satisfy your thirst to tank? coz so far the "kids" have done literally nothing to deserve more playing time. and the benching doesn't seem to have done much to "motivate" them either. the kids need to learn nothing is free in the NHL and they need to work hard and produce if they want to stay in the big league.. the rest of the guys like dries studnicka and whomever who cares about them.

It’s called development.  
Letting them learn from their mistakes and move on.

Podz has proven himself to be better than a bench warmer or in the box.  
Let them play through it.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

? Canucks fans loved it when we stacked up on forwards. Now the inevitable happens (someone needs to get bench) they start whinning? 

How about stop overrating Hoglander and Podkolzin? Obviously their game is flawed this is why Podkolzin was often benched in KHL as well. Why would any sane coach bench Pearson over Podkolzin? (unless Podkolzin is out playing him, which he has not)

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

? Canucks fans loved it when we stacked up on forwards. Now the inevitable happens (someone needs to get bench) they start whinning? 

How about stop overrating Hoglander and Podkolzin? Obviously their game is flawed this is why Podkolzin was often benched in KHL as well. Why would any sane coach bench Pearson over Podkolzin? (unless Podkolzin is out playing him, which he has not)

Because Podkolzin is very young and has huge potential.  
He needs the ice time to learn.  

Pearson is just another blah bottom 6. 
He isn’t helping us win games, and we are losing anyway, so why not make some space for the kids?   

And I’m not saying bench Pearson.  
Personally I’d just get rid of him if someone would take him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

It just appears to me non hockey minds are making hockey decisions. How does a coach like BB suddenly start coaching like TG.  Either that or there is some bad aura in Rogers arena , maybe we should have the First Nations leaders who welcome us to the game perform a cleansing ceremony throughout the building.  

• Like 1