The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rutherford again criticizes Canucks structure: 'Something has to be fixed'

Rate this topic

fivethej

51 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

'We were in on all the defenseman that moved in the offseason, but the circumstances were we either didn't have the cap space or other teams had a better player to give up'

Pretty clear this references Marino imo.

Could have always thrown in that 2nd they used to move Dickinson before going and spending all our cap on forwards 

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • There it is 2

1 hour ago, fivethej said:

This old fool is all talk and no action. Rutherford and his management team are no better than the previous Benning regime.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/rutherford-again-criticizes-canucks-structure-something-has-to-be-fixed/

hahahah

"There were always circumstances that meant we couldn't get them"

You mean like running out of time chasing forwards?

yes, that would be a problem

FIRE JR 

FIRE ALVINIE

FIRE AQUAVELVAMAN

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, billabong said:

this teams number 1 need is the most lucrative asset in the NHL, a top 4 right hand shot defenseman and everyone thinks the canucks haven't been trying to acquire one...:picard:

"Trade Miller for Dobson"

"Trade Horvat for Carlo"

"Trade Boeser for Dumba" 

"Trade Garland for Severson" 

don't you think if these trades were available to jimmy he would have made the trade by now? 

Toronto has been looking for a top 4 right hand shot D for 10 years it feels like they eventually gave up and signed a left hand shot D who can play the right side in Brodie 

when Rutherford took over he said this is a 2 year project and I'd say he's still on pace to acheive that

BELIEVE ME I am as impatient, frustrated, fed up and embarrassed as some of you might be and its hard to wait a another year so BUT that's how badly Benning F&*cked this team for years to come....no one was gonna clean up this mess in 12 months... no one:sick:

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

its been 11 minths and he revamped the 4th line again

and traded for Ethan Bear

Signed Mike Yeo and promoted Trent Cull

are we almost 1/2 way there?

Maybe next summer he will revamp the 3rd line and acquire another 5-6 defenseman

Stienley Cump here we come!! woot

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

"something needs to be done" 

"we have bad habits"

"we need to fix the defence"

all said by JR who hasn't done any of that since the offseason, when you had the biggest trade piece on the market. 

he's past it and you could tell.

Allvin is just a puppet, JR is the ringleader. He should be held accountable for his failures.

I agree. Alvin seems to be absolutely redundant and doesn't do anything. If JR is calling all the shots and is the team spokesman just name him president and GM and get rid of Alvin. 

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

I don’t have faith in this management group yet however having a prez this open in honest is pretty nice. He hasn’t sugar coated anything anytime he’s spoken. Sure we are are sitting here saying put your money where your mouth is but I still think it’s great to hear the honesty.

One thing being honest and another being unprofessional. Dude has been openly disrespecting Bruce since the beginning of the season because he couldn’t make any decent moves to fix the d core.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, LucBourdon28 said:

Rutherford is on his retirement contract given to him by a desperate Francesco Aquilini.

JR couldn't give a damn about what happens with this team. He's totally set with multiple cups, HHOF, and got his pal Allvin a job

And deep down Rutherford wishes he is back with the Penguins

This is actually the guy we need.....one who will hopefully do the right thing regardless of what has been done over the past 10 years.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, lmm said:

its been 11 minths and he revamped the 4th line again

and traded for Ethan Bear

Signed Mike Yeo and promoted Trent Cull

are we almost 1/2 way there?

Maybe next summer he will revamp the 3rd line and acquire another 5-6 defenseman

Stienley Cump here we come!! woot

What if he were decimate some of our forward lines to land 2 solid defensemen and / or a high pick?  Sure they're hard to come by, but there's always a price and going backwards for a few years to land solid young defensemen to build around has to be worth the feeling of getting fleeced a bit right now.

• There it is 1

Well then maybe you and Alvin the chipmunk should do something and fucking fix it then you old fool. This management group hasn't done anything yet so it's not like they are any better than Benning. Nothing is going to change until the Aquilinis sell the team.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

3 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

What if he were decimate some of our forward lines to land 2 solid defensemen and / or a high pick?  Sure they're hard to come by, but there's always a price and going backwards for a few years to land solid young defensemen to build around has to be worth the feeling of getting fleeced a bit right now.

that is where we could start

but I think every major player except maybe Petey needs replacing

they need lots of picks 

and a better manager to do the job

I didn't need a full year to lose faith in Alvin

I have never seen her work, but at this point I'd have more faith in Granato running the team

• RoughGame 1