The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 8 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET - Canadian Tire Centre

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Rutherford isn't wrong about it not mattering who the players are if the structure is good. 

Look at who was on the D corps in the playoffs for Pittsburgh when they won the Cup in 2017. Structure matters.

Then why doesn't Mike Sullivan win the Cup every year? Personnel absolutely matters.

Just now, dougieL said:

I don't understand why people blame both equally. OEL is clearly the anchor on that pair. What was he even doing on that first goal?

7.26m for 4 more years instead of Guenther. And people are still defending that trade.

OEL looks like he’s aged 10 years. A 36 year old Edler would be an improvement over him right now…

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

I think Aquilini told him about it but there were talks in the offseason that Bruce was never JR's guy from the get go. 

Aquilini literally went to JR's home somewhere in Carolina to offer him the job and tell or "consult" him about the Bruce Boudreau hiring, but JR was not even near prepared to deal with hockey ops at that point, when he never even stepped foot in Vancouver or took a look at the roster.

He admitted that in his opening press conference. 

So I know Francesco says that he "consulted" him, but considering the fact that JR didn't even know clearly about Boudreau's contract option for this season (which he admitted on HNIC) I highly doubt it was actually a consultation but rather something he as the owner said he was going to do. 

Now, this team is already still paying Travis Green, and Francesco went ahead and signed Boudreau so it's even more difficult for management to fire him. 

Otherwise, I think JR would've done it already since he clearly doesn't like Boudreau. 

I think that it is fine for JR not to like Boudreau's work to start the season, but I think that he will simply let the contract run out and get his own guy in the off-season.  I could be wrong but one thing I know that the team deserve a coach with a fresh start in with the training camp than a coach coming in the mid-season and still have his bias in the training camp and the cycle repeats.  Let's break the cycle with a fresh start next season and allow young players to gain their experience with the existing coach and play well under BB then start fresh with new system and a new coach would be able to review the last season play with training camp for any young player that might be playing well a chance to make the team with no bias at all and clean out the players that have had slow start to be traded in the off-season.  It is frustrating that players are traded only to play well for another team, and I was left pondering why they couldn't play well while they were here.

Just now, Eddie said:

Its like the team finds new ways to depress, anger and humiliate us and themselves every god dam game. 

And here i sit with some sick belief their gonna turn it around and still win lol... what an idiot i am. 

Go incognito, like Alf does.

668CC382-4C5C-4F3E-9C85-0BCE860ADA89.thumb.png.4c497d2a9601f0eee27497cd08b59d81.png

• Haha 1