The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Nov. 08, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

22 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Super impressed with Bear. He is a great addition to the right side. Rathbone had a good game as well. He can get the puck out of our zone better than most. OEL and Myers are really struggling this year for some reason. Trade one or both for scraps, if possible. 

I'd like to see them keep Myers off the PK tonight. 

Bear does look like a solid pick up for sure. I don't know if he's actually 2nd pair quality yet but he's certainly an upgrade on our bottom pair. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, JM_ said:

I'd like to see them keep Myers off the PK tonight. 

Bear does look like a solid pick up for sure. I don't know if he's actually 2nd pair quality yet but he's certainly an upgrade on our bottom pair. 

I'd like to see more of him and Boner together in the #3/4 slot and move OEL and Myers down to the bottom pair. 

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I'd like to see more of him and Boner together in the #3/4 slot and move OEL and Myers down to the bottom pair. 

I'd do it this way:

Hughes-Schenn

OEL-Bear

Bone-Myers

with JR looking to somehow trade Myers at some point this year. 

• Vintage 1

-Horvat is second in the league in goals scored behind McDavid ( horvat 12 goals in 13 games , McDavid 14 goals in 14 games.

Horvat 4th in the league for powerplay goals

Horvat 1st in the league for shorthanded goals. 

Horvat 8th in the league for faceoff win percentage.  

Quinn Hughes 8th in the league for time in ice 

Two players in the top 15 in assists ( Hughes and Pettersson tied at #14th in the league).

Two players top 15 in points ( Pettersson #10th , Horvat #15.

Definitely some positives 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Totally agree with most posters here.  The defense is terrible because it has C+ skilled players.  Doesn't matter the system they just don't have the skills.  

With the exception of Hughes and Rathbone all the others don't have the speed to catch speedy forwards.  

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

To those Canuck fans in Ottawa ... "Bruce there it is!"

Team just needs to score 5 goals and we win! 

I was surprised by the number of Nuck jerseys. At least 1/3 of all jerseys at the game. The chant? Well, that was even a bigger surprise and I vigorously joined the fray. It's still nice to have some fun and show some support to Bruce, even though the first period was garbage--especially considering his GM's antics and the cost of an NHL game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

I'd do it this way:

Hughes-Schenn

OEL-Bear

Bone-Myers

with JR looking to somehow trade Myers at some point this year. 

I like that but if I had my druthers, I'd replace OEL with Burroughs, playing left side.

But we all know that they won't sit OEL no matter how bad he plays.  Failing that, I'd like to see OEL take more "maintenance days" at least, and be spotted out with other D during the season.  At the very least stop playing him the minutes he does.

If Dermott ever is able to come back, he'd also be an improvement on OEL.

Hughes-Schenn

Dermott-Bear

Bone-Burroughs

That's hardly an elite top 6 D, JR has a lot of work yet to do, but I'd trust that group more than any other on the team right now.  Faster, younger, better zone exits.

But I don't know how they could ever justify sitting both Myers and OEL.  What is that 13.3 mill against the cap? But OEL and Myers will definitely pass waivers to Abby.  If not....fine. But they probably have to keep playing Myers even just to keep him as trade bait.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

So.....1 win away from a playoff spot....

how crazy is that eh...we had a losing streak now the Flames have a losing streak and oh how quickly things can change!? Not going to be that easy thru the next 69 games but hopefully as the season goes on we stay healthy and figure out how to help out whichever G is between the pipes

9 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I like that but if I had my druthers, I'd replace OEL with Burroughs, playing left side.

But we all know that they won't sit OEL no matter how bad he plays.  Failing that, I'd like to see OEL take more "maintenance days" at least, and be spotted out with other D during the season.  At the very least stop playing him the minutes he does.

Hughes-Schenn

Dermott-Bear

Bone-Burroughs

That's hardly an elite top 6 D, JR has a lot of work yet to do, but I'd trust that group more than any other on the team right now.  Faster, younger, better zone exits.

But I don't know how they could ever justify sitting both Myers and OEL.  What is that 13.3 mill against the cap? But OEL and Myers will definitely pass waivers to Abby.  If not....fine. But they probably have to keep playing Myers even just to keep him as trade bait.

we have to find a way to move Myers... 

• Vintage 1

16 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

Horvat doing Horvat things. Can anybody stop him?

what I liked about the Horvat goals is that neither were from the bumper play

both were from the dreaded 

'Dirty area'

Now if he can score goals like that against an NHL defense I will be really impressed

Ottawa had 2 players with a combine 28 NHL games

Hamonic is their defensive stalwart

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, cuporbust said:

-Horvat is second in the league in goals scored behind McDavid ( horvat 12 goals in 13 games , McDavid 14 goals in 14 games.

Horvat 4th in the league for powerplay goals

Horvat 1st in the league for shorthanded goals. 

Horvat 8th in the league for faceoff win percentage.  

Quinn Hughes 8th in the league for time in ice 

Two players in the top 15 in assists ( Hughes and Pettersson tied at #14th in the league).

Two players top 15 in points ( Pettersson #10th , Horvat #15.

Definitely some positives 

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Offence is not our issue. 

I think we've surrendered a PP goal in 11 of 12 games, or something like that.

If we could go without spotting the opponent a goal or two every game, that'd be great...

14 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Bo is making 5.5 in his current contract. Then he starts showing he’s a 30 goal scorer with upside for more, not to mention a league leader in face-offs, and they barely give him a raise on an initial offer? That’s not respecting the player, sorry.

That is why regular people are not negotiators as most would start at a high number.Yes they knew he would say no but want to keep the number down and why it is taking to long.

Say he scores 60 then what? His value goes sky high and if we can't keep him we would get an incredible package back.

It might be a one off season and he might never get close to that again.To many if's for one year like Miller had.

What Bo has done so far seems like around 7 mill so if he doesn't take close to that the best thing to do going forward is to trade him as it is a business which many here seem to forget.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Hughes-Schenn

Dermott-Bear

Bone-Burroughs

that is almost the same D that Ottawa dressed last night