The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Nov. 08, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, 204CanucksFan said:

Average goalies finish 7th in Vezina voting and stop the 3rd most shots in the league?

This year Demko has been worse than average.  Aren’t his stats around 50th in the league?  So he’s not top five this year.  He’s been reall terrible and hurting us a lot.  

4 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Average goalies finish 7th in Vezina voting and stop the 3rd most shots in the league?

Didn't he have surgery in the off-season to deal with a nagging 2 year discomfort?   Maybe he's not yet 100% on mobility this season

Yes he did .....

Demko suffered an undisclosed lower-body injury in an April 19 home game against the Ottawa Senators. He stayed in the game, which the Canucks lost 4-3 in a shootout to end a six-game winning streak. Desperate to keep his team in the playoff race, Demko played hurt the next two games, allowing five goals in each during losses in Minnesota and Calgary, skewing his own statistics downward before coming out of the lineup.

He still won’t reveal the injury but confirmed it required surgery right after the season.

Edited by Googlie
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Pay Bo 

Music Video GIF

On one hand it makes sense, the sooner the better.  JRs already decided to run with this core, so might as well go all in. They haven't so Bo said, ....Okay, you want me to show you what I've got before you show me the money? Hold my beer.

On the other hand.  Bo's in his prime right now.  Other GMs can't help notice his production this season so far.  As long as the bag of pucks is huge, that or we get enough high young D talent, and/or high picks that the offer is too good to refuse.

Tough call