The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Nov. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Yes, but they're tough to get ..... especially for a capped-out team. I honestly don't know how this gets solved. 

Yeah, last year the coach firing lit a fire under the team. Now it just seems like nobody cares enough to protect leads or win. And management seems too scared to want to put any kind of footprint on this Benning team.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Why should they sign Bo. It will do nothing to change the team and what this team needs is drastic changes. 

Because he's just entering his prime and has upside, getting rid of JT brock and myers makes more sense. You saying keep them and trade Bo? Realisticly we aint trading the whole tem

6 minutes ago, Moe Knows said:

Because he's just entering his prime and has upside, getting rid of JT brock and myers makes more sense. You saying keep them and trade Bo? Realisticly we aint trading the whole tem

No one wants those players. They see what we are seeing so I don't know why you would think we would get much for them. They aren't attractive to gms because their play has been so inconsistent.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

9 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Why should they sign Bo? It will do nothing to change the team and what this team needs is drastic changes. They aren't winning by keeping him. They haven't won with him.

Exactly.  Signing BO to an 8x8 contract is not going to magically improve this team.  He is having a career year so they need to trade him while his trade value is at its highest...

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 2

11 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Yes, but they're tough to get ..... especially for a capped-out team. I honestly don't know how this gets solved. 

It gets solved by blowing hard for Bedard and properly rebuilding this team.  It will be 3-4 years minimum, but it will be worth it in the end.  If we had started a proper rebuild 7 years ago we'd be cup contenders by now...

• Cheers 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

No one wants those players. They see what we are seeing so I don't know why you would think we would get much for them.

Did I say we'd get a lot I said maybe fill some holes or get some picks. Didn't expect a first. Re-read my post Thanks and g'night

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It gets solved by blowing hard for Bedard and properly rebuilding this team.  It will be 3-4 years minimum, but it will be worth it in the end.  If we had started a proper rebuild 7 years ago we'd be cup contenders by now...

Bang on, they needed to start in 2016.  They need to trade bo, or miller get a top 4 d. Tank hard hope for bedard, and start from there. It's super sad they haven't been able to figure out that rebuilds is what it takes to contend.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

When can we buyout OEL?

We got that stacked prospect pool just waiting to take his spot. We are f’d my friend, may as well just ride it out. His contract will be over when we can be competitive again. 

• RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

But but but...rebuilding 7 years ago would have been "unfair to the Sedins"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

We got that stacked prospect pool just waiting to take his spot. We are f’d my friend, may as well just ride it out. His contract will be over when we can be competitive again. 

I rather jump off a bridge that ride that fucking contract out.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Pbhatti00 said:

Bang on, they needed to start in 2016.  They need to trade bo, or miller get a top 4 d. Tank hard hope for bedard, and start from there. It's super sad they haven't been able to figure out that rebuilds is what it takes to contend.  

It will become clear they will need to move Horvat when he lets them know he will not re-sign here. I don't have the foggiest idea why he would. 

• Cheers 1