The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Nov. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Don't get this. It's been less than a year.

Multiple NMC's or modified NMC's which are hard to deal. We were good on paper and everyone was stoked for the season.

The only trade that's looking bad so far is the Stillman deal. Looks awful actually.

I like the rest of the moves though. I think something big is coming, whether it's Bruce or a core piece moved. It's going to happen Monday after we lose to the Bruins tomorrow.

It is hyperbolic for sure. Hasn't really made any big moves yet (beyond extending Miller... which hopefully they course correct) to even put his stamp on the team.

But to be fair, he should have traded Miller, should have nailed the layup that was Marino for Rathbone +  with the cap space that freed, and focused on the things they said they were focus on (cap, getting younger, adding depth, addressing D etc).

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Can I apply for a management position? 

If the requirements are doing a whole lot of nothing, then I think I have the qualifications for this job. 

Are you willing to say yes to the owner no matter what even if it means contradicting everything you said minutes before. 

regardless if you believe it’s true or not. then go to the media and make excuses why you did it and it failed without mentioning the owner?have no spine of self respect ? 

Then you might be the guy 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ouch.

Hey, Jordie Benn is one of the ones people don't talk about much, but there's another veteran that was here once Tanev and Marky left.  

The leadership stinks with this group.  Once Tanev and Marky left, the room got handed over to JT and Bo.  Edler and Schmidt wanted out.  

We've now seen guys like Jordie Benn and Jalen Chatfield go to other Stanley Cup contenders and fill in admirably on their 3rd pairings.  

"Our defense sucks" is holding less and less water for me with each passing game.  Our leadership sucks and I feel bad for a guy like Schenn.  

JT Miller is a great player but he needs to be on a team that has a well defined veteran leadership and where he falls in line.  He would be great on a contender that's slightly older (a-la-Boston or Islanders).  

Just now, combover said:

Are you willing to say yes to the owner no matter what even if it means contradicting everything you said minutes before. 

regardless if you believe it’s true or not. then go to the media and make excuses why you did it and it failed without mentioning the owner?have no spine of self respect ? 

Then you might be the guy 

yeah no problem

i just want to watch the games from the pressbox

• Vintage 1

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

OEL can be sold with just a bit of retention.  He's just not having a good start to this year, but our whole team is sucking.  If we go into a rebuild, having OEL eat up 7 mil/year will not be as big of an issue.  I mean a rebuild will mean shedding lots of salary and not spending to the cap, right?  

Myers' value will go up a lot once this year is done.  Garland is a part of the solution IMO, he's one of the hardest workers on the team and has the most pushback.  

Boeser will need to have his value pumped this year in order to be able to move him for anything.  Kuzmenko is a better option on PP1, but if they keep forcing Boeser there I will be okay with it once we enter team tank territory.  

Problem with OEL is I don't think he'll be willing to waive to be moved anywhere. He really didn't even want to leave Arizona.

Really hope Myers can be gone this summer. I truly believe he's the problem on our Blueline. OEL needs to play with someone who actually thinks the game. Can't stand the constant terrible decision after terrible decision that Myers makes. Consistent turnovers, chipping it out instead of passing to the open man, poor coverage, the list goes on. This happens every night where he creates scoring opportunities for the other team.

Garland... Meh. From my perspective he's too small. Very skilled but he's not a game breaker. 

Boeser I won't even start. Not the same since his back injury and that's just that. Nowhere worth near 6M. 

• Upvote 1