The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Nov. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

33 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Canucks Management on life support at the deadline unable to procure any draft picks backing themselves into a corner on the Brock and Miller extensions. Not getting the Bo deal done this offseason once again backing themselves into a corner. Signing Mikheyev to do a job Motte was doing just fine with the money they could have spent on D. Ya the Stillman deal yikes. And this....

Hmm Lekkerimaki?? BPA really Alvin really???? Currently on pace for 17 count em points in the freakin allsvenskan. The sniper has 1 goal. How did we not draft Kemell or one of the hulking D.

2022-23 1.png Djurgårdens IF HockeyAllsvenskan 15 1 4 5 0 2 |              
  31.png Sweden U20 (all) International-Jr 1 0 0 0 0 -1 |              
  1.png Projected  HockeyAllsvenskan 51 3 14 17 0 7 |

Throwing Bruce there it is under the bus when they failed to address the defense this offseason honestly this is the most bumbling MGMT group I've seen since NoNutz

Id rather have mik than motte. 

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

Actually Bo should go and Kuz as they would get us more for the future to build a winning team.

And you think 24 yr old petey is hanging around for this? 

No player wants to be on a team with a revolving door of players.  We need to keep building this core the way 2011 did

18 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Could Vigneault come back here to coach for a 2nd tour...

How many times have we changed coaches since Vigneault but get the same result. Torts, Willie, Travis, Bruce. It’s the team not the coach. Not even Trotz can fix this without a reconstruction of the team. We will find out if JR & PA have the balls to blow things up and take on Aquaman. He sure won't be getting any playoff revenue this year anyways.

Just now, EddieVedder said:

And you think 24 yr old petey is hanging around for this? 

No player wants to be on a team with a revolving door of players.  We need to keep building this core the way 2011 did

LOL no as the nhl has changed a lot tanking and starting from scratch is the best way. 

EP and QH might want out ,if so great rebuild done a year or two faster.

17 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Doubt it. I don't even want AV.  Let's wait until offseason for a new coach, imho.

This. I’ve never really advocated for tearing it down but we need it. I don’t wanna hire a new coach midseason and take us out of the Bedard sweepstakes. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

You think we trade horvat and leave only petey and aman as our top 2 centres?  Miller isnt a C.  

The nucks should be building around petey, Bo, podz, hogz, kuz. 

All Bo's really done coming up as a Canuck is lose outside of that one Calgary playoff series when he was really young and that one bubble blip. I'm not convinced he's going to want to stay, not every player wants to stick around through what looks like it could be an actual rebuild or another retool. And no, I wouldn't hold it against him if he elects to move on. 

No, Miller ain't a center, but if Bo goes we should be moving him out too. He doesn't fit the timeline of a rebuild.  Throw stopgaps up the middle and call a spade a spade for the rest of the season. Realistically we'd have to take cap back anyway. 

I wonder, which players are the ones who, to quote Boudreau, "stop playing"? Is it the entire team or are there a few exceptions? One thing we really miss is a 4th line to send out after goals against, like we had in the bubble. That old 4th line could change the momentum so fast.

2 minutes ago, Roberts said:

I wonder, which players are the ones who, to quote Boudreau, "stop playing"? Is it the entire team or are there a few exceptions? One thing we really miss is a 4th line to send out after goals against, like we had in the bubble. That old 4th line could change the momentum so fast.

Think we traded that 4th line to Arizona lol. Sadly, losing Dorsett to his injury hurts too. 

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan