The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 13 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins - 3:00pm PT/6:00pm ET - TD Garden

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

So far... 

Demko: better then last few games although his confidence isn't there fully. He's been losing his net a bit again, not having a good angle to the net from the shooter.  

Defense: Burroughs, Hughes, OEL, and Schenn have been good. 

Myers and Bear are struggling, more notably Myers. 

Forwards: JT, Garland, Petey (on PK especially), Aman, Hoggy, and Mikheyev are looking good. 

Boeser is looking more engaged but he really needs to throw a hit once in a while or whatever stops him from doing flybys on the forecheck. He's too easy on the puck, but I am seeing some positives in the 2nd period as he's skating better. 

Horvat and the rest of the forwards are battling. Aman and Joshua did well on the PK as well. 

Boston is a cup contender, we are not. They're beating us on the back of a few mistakes and just being better then us. 

Something to consider is how long Boston's players have played together and what a difference it makes on their PP. 

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The thing is that is he actually committing more offenses or just getting called more often?  Personally I haven't seen enough of the play to know but I also don't trust the consistency of NHL refereeing.  GCG!

5 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

There's too much talent to be this bad... trying to think what changed from last year....

Yeo and Cull vs. Walker and Shaw

Turned over 8/18ths of our skaters

New: Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Aman, Studnicka, Joshua, Lazar, Bear, Stillman

I just wish we didn’t give brock 3 years and re-sign miller. I think JT would’ve brought a great return as a rental, we’d have so much cap space after the season, a high draft pick, multiple firsts, could’ve been the real turn around. Now we’re stuck with this losing group for years. 

4 minutes ago, Zerofaith said:

Best thing Bruce can do now is bench the shit players in the 3rd frame

Initially read this as “best thing Bruce can do is shit players” and was thinking you were suggesting Boudreau was a sort of “goose that laid the golden eggs.”

Or that the coach needs to pull something out of his ass to fix this roster. 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME