The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

At least in the past we had tough players that would keep teams honest these days we just get bullied and injured every time out it’s the saddest I’ve ever seen them.

That isn't how the game is played anymore

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

you act like we have the luxury of being able to choose a yzerman or sakic type leader for our team.

i mean, if we did have a captain like that available as an option, then yeah, i'd gladly back him.. but what are you expecting? 

you complain but there's no solution. 

Bo's on pace for a career year goal wise, he's nearly 60 percent on faceoff and... "maybe he should quit and find a job testing pillows?"

"you'd think the captain, in his hometown would want to win and make an impact?" didn't he score a goal that game? 

what, are you expecting him to be superman and singlehandedly carry the team like he's mcdavid possessed and offence the entire path for the team? and how's he gonna punch his way to a win by himself? 

this team sucks.

you can't put all the blame on Bo for that. there's 17 other skaters on the ice.

There's only so much you can do when you have a sh*tty team around you.

I'm not saying that Bo's the most macho, manliest captain there is, however, he's playing well. 

We also don't have the luxury to choose that "perfect captain" according to your standards.

"i don't like and don't want a captain who's as soft as charmin toilet paper".

lol. well good luck finding that captain who can fight, hit, win face-offs, have excellent defence and offence, have excellent hockey iq and carry an entire team.

everyone wants that player.

Bo is a hockey player. He signed up to play hockey. Joe sakic wasnt a big hitter. But he hit. 

Bo isn’t doing everything he can to lead this team and it’s evident by the way he plays. Sell him before the end of the season and make miller captain. Hes the closest player we have to a superstar right now. And he will make big hits when the timing is right. 

• Haha 2

Just now, ABNucksfan said:

Bo is a hockey player. He signed up to play hockey. Joe sakic wasnt a big hitter. But he hit. 

Bo isn’t doing everything he can to lead this team and it’s evident by the way he plays. Sell him before the end of the season and make miller captain. Hes the closest player we have to a superstar right now. And he will make big hits when the timing is right. 

Bo is plenty physical........hits are a small part of that element.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

41 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

It's the cap we need. Yes he's a serviceable dman for sure.

Of we found a replacement at 3M we could use the difference for our roster.

When do we need the cap? 

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

If you want to buyout OEL, you do it in 2025 with two years remaining. 

Numbers aren't that bad in that case. Hell, even letting him play next year and then buying him out lowers the buyout numbers significantly. 

Or just let him play out the contract instead of crippling the team longer than necessary.  There's no excuse for long-term dead cap; let's not repeat the mistakes of Gillis and Benning.  Any GM who even considers this needs to be fired before he causes irreparable damage.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Well, they're mid pack for hits and leading in fights, so the numbers don't really back up what you're saying.  Hitting and fighting, simply, aren't a big part of the game anymore and definitely not important enough to focus on when building your team.  Like it or not (which I don't), that's the game now

Every game this season we had a goon like player attempt to injure or rough up our star players and many of their middle tier tough guys do the same.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Every game this season we had a goon like player attempt to injure or rough up our star players and many of their middle tier tough guys do the same.

Been that way for years. Teams simply know it's easy peasy night when playing the Canucks. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

That doesn't have anything to with physicality, that has to do with apathy.  They're first in fights and middle of the pack in his.......those are facts.

You mean first in getting their faces punched. That'd be a fun team to play.

Do what you want on the ice and then punch them in the face with no repercussions 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Its not all about intimidation, its about sticking up for one another. Its a team mentality. Willing to drop the mitts. Thats a f***ing team. Caring about one another. I’d be pissed if no one was dropping the mitts at all.

Yeah Podz had to drop his own mitts yesterday after taking a high hit. 

Would have been nice for someone else to jump Grier as soon as he made that hit. 

• Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Small sample size ????  Rutherford was hired dec 2 2021 he had 9 months before signing Miller sept 2 2022 of which at that time miller had another 10 months july 2 2023 remaining to resign him so what was his hurry with miller.?  Given the fact that horvats contract renewal had more urgency,  I’m not even mentioning him considering horvats consistent history and proven loyalty which apperantly he never took into serious consideration.  Obviously he wouldn’t have foreseen horvats current year he’s having but one would have been able to look at his consistent record. So Rutherford looks at miller’s 99 point season last year  and has dementia fueled Brain fart  and decides to sign miller to the benningish forever contract?  Criticism towards JR is warranted. JR needs to somehow move miller before it’s to late. No one needs to hear  him admit to the mistake. He just needs to move miller. Period.  

- JR is not the GM, Allvin is

- One half season and one off season is indeed a small sample size in professional sports team management 

- The rest of your paragraph is irrelevant to my post

- ...O'Doyle Rules

Edited by Harold Drunken

8 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

- JR is not the GM, Allvin is

- One half season and one off season is indeed a small sample size in professional sports team management 

- The rest of your paragraph is irrelevant to my post

- ...O'Doyle Rules

Jr  has a proven record and no doubt has input. Allvin not so much.  Defending either ones  stupidity puts you in the minority. Fact. 

13 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

You mean first in getting their faces punched. That'd be a fun team to play.

Do what you want on the ice and then punch them in the face with no repercussions 

That's.. that's literally part of fighting at the NHL level. Most of the time it's not just one guy taking shots. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Well I think I would rather have been Grier than Podkolzin yesterday

Doesn't matter what you want tbh, the game has changed. Grier last played in 2010-2011 and the late 2000's/early 2010's were the last hurrah for that brand of hockey. Fighting simply isn't a huge part of the NHL game anymore, and has gradually become less and less of a factor as the game phased out the enforcer. 

Those days aren't coming back, the game isn't going back. 

• Cheers 3