The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, BigTramFan said:

Weegar has already signed an extension in Calgary. 

An often overlooked UFA target is Zub. He is playing top 4 minutes and is an underrated defense first Dman. Could likely get him on a more serviceable contract than Severson or Dumba. Our Russian connections may also make it easier for us to sign him as a UFA too.

44 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’d be all in on Zub if he hits UFA. Perfect partner for Hughes. He’s probably looking at a contract in the $4.5 million range. He’s a true defensive defenceman. 

Yup he'd be my #1 target.  He's basically Chris Tanev.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

On 11/19/2022 at 10:24 AM, Shayster007 said:

Are they? Garland has 9 in 17, Mikheyev has 9 in 15, Hoglander and Podkolzin have a combined 6 in 29 games.

I completely disagree the entire team is on a tear. It's actually a small handful of players putting up huge numbers. Brock is putting up huge numbers, but honestly near a ppg while playing poorly with reduced minutes is better then he probably should be. I won't argue he's playing well, but I'll definitely argue the value of a player who even while playing poorly gets their points.

Lol… it’s really absurd if you think Brock is playing like he is a 6 million player. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Yup he'd be my #1 target.  He's basically Chris Tanev.

Unfortunately he’s loved by teammates in OTT and considered a member of the nucleus. Can’t imagine he’ll be allowed to move on unless there is some serious discrepancy in salary negotiations. 
never say never but likely a long shot unless by/through trade 

7 hours ago, stawns said:

lmjxk8kn0lp31.jpg

This man has aged horribly if you looked at his rookie pic and how he looks today. 

edit: clearly I understand the last pic is Ron Jeremy, I was hoping cdc would understand that I was referring to 1)his rookie year and 2) how he looks in 2022.  

I mean, I understand some on here are not to bright, so I thought it would be necessary to explain myself ffs!  

Edited by sassbs
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Unfortunately he’s loved by teammates in OTT and considered a member of the nucleus. Can’t imagine he’ll be allowed to move on unless there is some serious discrepancy in salary negotiations. 
never say never but likely a long shot unless by/through trade 

Yeah I tend to agree.  He's a top tier defensive defenceman in my opinion. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Muttley said:

Would rather smile then fight. Does that sound like a natural hockey player?

auston-matthews-toronto-maple-leafs.gif

Thats disgusting, he shouldn't even call himself a "Hockey Player". If I was a fan and had his jersey, I would have burned it on the spot. He needs to take up ringette hockey it's probably more to his liking.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, ktcy2 said:

You can be a passenger and get points if you play on pp1. Anyone who can play hockey can score that first pp goal. Kuzmenko has scored 6 of those. The second goal was an empty net tap in. Where is the sniper Brock? His ONLY value is his snipe. He has no other value as a player. But last time we saw a snipe was 100 years ago. It’s funny to even say he is a sniper when the ones who really snipes are miller, horvat, petey. Brock can’t even get one decent shot off unless he is totally unchecked. It’s not that difficult to see what kind of trend is trending for Brock. Yet some people on here love to keep fantasizing that he is still that 40 goal scorer we all thought he would be. 

let’s face it, injuries screwed him up and this is the sad truth. We don’t run a team based on sympathy. The right thing to do is to ship his money off somewhere else immediately and cut loss. 

I thought that he may be injury free this season and able to get his shot off and get back on track. I have two concerns; he is getting his shot off but it's not that dangerous and two; he is not able to consistently get into those dangerous areas for good quality scoring chances.

I think the ship has sailed on him and his ability to be that sniper we though he was going to be.

21 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Thats disgusting, he shouldn't even call himself a "Hockey Player". If I was a fan and had his jersey, I would have burned it on the spot. He needs to take up ringette hockey it's probably more to his liking.

He looks like one of those inflatable punching clowns. 

• Haha 2