The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

19 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Good stuff thanks.

Not my favorite people, any of them, but they were all good in this.

Might have to revise my opinion on The Little Ball of Hate.

Sekeres has a face perfect for radio; but he was good here (unlike when I used to listen to radio).

Ray used to hate on the Canucks big time, imo; he seems to have grown out of that.

I wonder if anyone has gone back and looked at what he used to say about the Canucks.

Thanks again.

Doesn’t rays wife now work for the canucks. I think she does

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Tank4Bedard said:

I absolutely despise mediocrity.  I can do as I wish :)

That's the feeling of entitlement in this city that I despise.  I get it in the hockey sense...but teams battle through periods of mediocrity...not many just blow through a season and take it all. 

A decade or so of promoting team tank....you might consider giving it up at some point.

It ain't happening (at least as far as a "game plan" goes). Teams don't plan to lose...sends the wrong message. You don't want your team to rely on potential future "other guys"...you want them to work towards being "the" guys.

(I can do as I wish)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

29 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Good stuff thanks.

Sekeres has a face perfect for radio; but he was good here (unlike when I used to listen to radio).

Ray used to hate on the Canucks big time, imo; he seems to have grown out of that.

I wonder if anyone has gone back and looked at what he used to say about the Canucks.

Thanks again.

I believe Ray had some nice things to say about the Canucks in 2019 when Landon was here on a PTO. And now with Cammi here….

Coincidence?

• Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

That's the feeling of entitlement in this city that I despise. 

A decade or so of promoting team tank....you might consider giving it up at some point.

It ain't happening (at least as far as a "game plan" goes). Teams don't plan to lose...sends the wrong message. You don't want your team to rely on potential future "other guys"...you want them to work towards being "the" guys.

(I can do as I wish)

The part I don’t get is how much expectation from 1 player they have. Providing the slim chance it even happens ,or how sure they think that 1 player will immediately turn things around :picard:,how’s that working out for Edmonton? ::D

Edited by chon derry
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

could be, they are very tight lipped so its hard to know whats been on the table. 

I think we could maybe find a taker for Brock if we try something more lateral, like a F for F move where we can bring in a RHC that could step in, or grow in, to that 3C hole we need to fill.

I'd be fine with that too.  

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Good stuff thanks.

Thanks again.

Don't care about the hosts, but Ray usually has good takes. He's a NHLer who had a long career and now has some inside info via his wife.  

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Good stuff thanks.

Thanks again.

I mean his wife is an assistant manager so I guess it’s in his best interest :lol:

He seems to hold back a lot on his actual opinions of the Canucks because of it which sucks cause I want to know what he truly thinks.

7 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I mean his wife is an assistant manager so I guess it’s in his best interest :lol:

He seems to hold back a lot on his actual opinions of the Canucks because of it which sucks cause I want to know what he truly thinks.

It's okay, we still have Jannik Hansen who holds nothing back when it comes to the Canucks 

• There it is 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Don't care about the hosts, but Ray usually has good takes. He's a NHLer who had a long career and now has some inside info via his wife.  

Ah, so not Rachel, eh?

Ray's a straight shooter but pretty sharply opinionated; he's toned that down and its a good schtick now.

I always liked him as a player, 'cept against us, of course; gritty doesn't half describe him.

Different era than today too.

Players had to be a lot tougher and that meant being able to take a beating and still make the play/score the goal, and he did that.