The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Nov. 26, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

Schenn is like having Cement- (can't remember the nickname) on the line with Gretzky. He allows Hughes to play his game without the fear of a cheapshot. Everyone knows that if they try to play dirty they will have to fight and as most of the weasels in the league aren't fighters... He might have been a 7th on Tampa but he has a bigger role here.

True.  Cementhead was a key piece to protect Gretzky.  But it’s 2022, and the day of the knuckle dragged is long gone.  Tanev and Toews and other elite shutdown D aren’t fighters.  But they are perfect partners for smaller elite offensively gifted D.  Love Schenn, and we need to keep him, but he’s not the right partner for Quinn.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

True.  Cementhead was a key piece to protect Gretzky.  But it’s 2022, and the day of the knuckle dragged is long gone.  Tanev and Toews and other elite shutdown D aren’t fighters.  But they are perfect partners for smaller elite offensively gifted D.  Love Schenn, and we need to keep him, but he’s not the right partner for Quinn.  

Benn holding on to Hughes and driving him into the boards the other game right a bell? I do not disagree but there are times.

3 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

I think Demko should get a shot at this game. The only way to get him going is to play him. Playing him against SJ should help to get his confidence back.

Yup.  We need Double Bubble Demko if we have any desire to get into a playoff race.  We are still a bottom 10 team, that needs top 5 goaltending to win most games.  

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

Benn holding on to Hughes and driving him into the boards the other game right a bell? I do not disagree but there are times.

Yup.  We still need guys like Schenn.  And right now Hughes has grown into such a great player that he can carry a lesser partner.  But imagine how much more Quinn could contribute 5 on 5 if he had a Tanev or Toews as a partner.  Quinn would be free to join the offence a lot more.  

Nice effort by the team overall. 
‘As bad as we have been at times, we can score and that is something. 
‘If Brock can get on a heater and we have three lines scoring. 
‘Last year whenever we started getting warm we would lay an egg to a bad team, well bad team incoming. Let’s see if we can show a bit more character this season. 
Would be nice to see that kind of effort in front of Demko, and some early saves from Demko. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

‘Last year whenever we started getting warm we would lay an egg to a bad team, well bad team incoming. Let’s see if we can show a bit more character this season. 
Would be nice to see that kind of effort in front of Demko, and some early saves from Demko. 

We shouldn’t need Double Bubble Demko to beat the Sharks.  If the club plays a hard to play against game, then Single Bubble Demko should do. I’m seeing a 4-3 win.  Might even be OT. 

8 hours ago, iceman64 said:

P.S. Thanks boys for making JR look, well the drama queen he is... Yes we need to up grade but he didn't have go through the media to say stuff about the team publicly, that was classless on so many levels...

Especially considering the turnstile of players in and out haven't come to a stop and it takes awhile for a team to think on the same page. 

It doesn't happen over F'n night ffs! 

Happens every year.. blahhhh

And trying to spoon feed us Stillman when we already had the guys in the room. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Strongest game of the year for the Canucks. The goals were almost incidental to the overall team play. That said I cannot ignore the Miller assist on Bo's goal. It was the play of the game IMHO. Strongest game of the year because of the d-side game by not just the defense but by the forwards as well. 

Special note to the 4th line which is playing great hockey. IMO the Canucks got a good one in Aman. 

Just loved Boudreau's TOI adjustments last night. Everyone should be relatively fresh for SJ. Put Martin back in. 

Åmans pass to Kuz wasn’t too shabby either. 

• Cheers 1

Hope rebuild nation is starting to share the idea that we are not as broken as they fear.

This is a good core. I have been saying it all along.

Demko on his game and some D help and we make a season of it.

Some tweaks along the way and we are contending in the next 2-3 years.

Go Nucks.

14 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Åmans pass to Kuz wasn’t too shabby either. 

What I would add to the early post was how well the Canucks were doing puck support. 

Ya, his pass out to Kuz was typical of how well the 4th is managing puck possession in the ozone. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Hope rebuild nation is starting to share the idea that we are not as broken as they fear.

This is a good core. I have been saying it all along.

Demko on his game and some D help and we make a season of it.

Some tweaks along the way and we are contending in the next 2-3 years.

Go Nucks.

Nope I am not abandoning the rebuild. I might be wrong in the extent of it but I am willing to be corrected. Trade on strength. I would still move Miller, Garland, Boeser, and Meyers. Any combo. That is re-build light. Not sure if that does it.  

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Strongest game of the year for the Canucks. The goals were almost incidental to the overall team play. That said I cannot ignore the Miller assist on Bo's goal. It was the play of the game IMHO. Strongest game of the year because of the d-side game by not just the defense but by the forwards as well. 

Special note to the 4th line which is playing great hockey. IMO the Canucks got a good one in Aman. 

Just loved Boudreau's TOI adjustments last night. Everyone should be relatively fresh for SJ. Put Martin back in. 

Miller is a great player.

He's getting his stride right along side our great captain.

This team is alright. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Nope I am not abandoning the rebuild. I might be wrong in the extent of it but I am willing to be corrected. Trade on strength. I would still move Miller, Garland, Boeser, and Meyers. Any combo. That is re-build light. Not sure if that does it.  

i dont think Bo stays if we are going after a rebuild so you might as well add him to your list.

43 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Again, we're all happy, but there is an inevitable shake up looming

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

No argument, but they still have a very tough decision to make by the tdl

I know it's tricky but if you think this core is closer to contending, like I do. You find a way to sign Bo, keep Miller and obviously get ducks in a row to lock down EP when the time comes

• Cheers 1

Real good effort, a full 60 minutes, and the D didn't look awful. 

Did the Avs and Knights take the Canucks a little lightly? Gotta say, Vegas did not look good at all.

JR mentioned some of their success down the stretch last season was because some teams took it easy playing VAN, and then they got surprised and were beaten. I don't think anyone other than overly-optimistic Canucks fans would've guessed last night's outcome. A 5-1 thumping in their arena. Nice win for the boys.

On to San Jose to play the lowly Sharks, who will probably put out more of an effort than the Knights. Hopefully Demko snaps out of it and gets a win tonight.

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I know it's tricky but if you think this core is closer to contending, like I do. You find a way to sign Bo, keep Miller and obviously get ducks in a row to lock down EP when the time comes

And how are they going to that and fix the d?  Do we really want them following TO and Edm's lead?  They have got to balance the lineup.

• Like 1