The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Nov. 27, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Devron said:

Yes but I also think OEL just struggled with the rest of the team early on. Probably wasn’t 100% either. I thought OEL looked really good last year so I was a bit bewildered this season. I didn’t think a player would decline like that. He looks like he’s got his game back 

Can oel donate some of his contract money back to the canucks? Should be a out clause

• Huggy Bear 1

57 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I'd say around 15M minimum at this rate. We all saw Kuzzy's agent drool on twitter today. He isn't a player who's had real NHL money before. It kind of makes him a little more unpredictable to consider. 

You lose a lot of players just to keep players on the roster. You're not left with much to help replace all the players you're losing(two 2nd line wingers, a top 9 winger and 2nd pair RD). 

Some of those players you mentioned in trades are probably gonna cost us to move since no team looking at are situation with the cap is gonna do us any favours. The ones with value(Boeser/Garland) we may have to giveaway for cheap like you see teams do who're up against the cap.

It isn't a pretty situation to figure out to say the least. 

Why can't we give them cash instead?  Keep it off the record 

• There it is 1

12 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

Can oel donate some of his contract money back to the canucks? Should be a out clause

It’s not even that bad. Myers is taking up the coin back there. I’d gladly have OEL at 6 million if it was the other way around. Gotta move some wingers 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mordekai said:

We definitely don’t

Simple math if edm and blues lose and canucks win all teams are 500

i don’t know where you are getting to win 3 games 

Why are you assuming that Edmonton and the Blues will lose? That's a possibility, but not something we can assume. I assume they continue at their current rate of .524. If we win two games in a row, we got to  a 11-10-3 record, which is .521 point percentage, still lower. Three in a row puts us above them.

Too often, fans think it's easier to make up gaps in points than it actually is by assuming that those above us will lose games, which is far from a given.

56 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Howuch does Kuz get this summer man.. guy is shifty as hell and has a deadly shot! 

Does Boesers money get it done?? 

hopefully a bridge similar to his but the way he's playing right now i dont think thats gunna happen

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Why are you assuming that Edmonton and the Blues will lose? That's a possibility, but not something we can assume. I assume they continue at their current rate of .524. If we win two games in a row, we got to  a 11-10-3 record, which is .521 point percentage, still lower. Three in a row puts us above them.

Too often, fans think it's easier to make up gaps in points than it actually is by assuming that those above us will lose games, which is far from a given.

Wait I can’t assume but you can? 
How can you assume that 524 is the current rate when edm is 4-6 the last 10 and canucks are 6-4. Should you not use a 400 rate for edm if they are trending that way? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

Boeser is a PPG right now, contract not bad, surely we could get a could d man for him no???

agree with moving garland too, I think Podz can step in and ,maybe Lockwood. 

Yes Boeser and Garland are tradeable but it depends what you get.  There is no need to dump anyone.  Podz and Lockwood cannot replace their offense  adequately though.  We will take a hit to our offense so we need a good return or don't deal them until that return is there.

1 minute ago, mordekai said:

Wait I can’t assume but you can? 
How can you assume that 524 is the current rate when edm is 4-6 the last 10 and canucks are 6-4. Should you not use a 400 rate for edm if they are trending that way? 

I suppose you could, but I prefer to take the more pessimistic prediction when it comes to playoff projections. 20 years of being a Canuck fan will do that to you. If you chose to take the .400 route, you'd still have to project those points instead of projecting 0 points over the new few games.

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Maybe it’s just me. Probably just me. 

I love Kuz. 

But, is he the guy that loves his own personal achievements, moreso than being excited about his ‘boys’? 

I don’t like the arrow thing. He doesn’t deserve ‘that’ yet. 

The ‘arrow’ is symbolic with this team and this fanbase. 

Like I said, love Kuz, but I think someone needs to educate him. 

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1

I know Demko was not spectacular in this game, but he did have a decent save percentage and this was a very important game for him.

With the amount of run support the forwards are providing, this is the time for him to get back his confidence.

I think ideally he and Martin split the goaltending duties 50/50... Demko needs a break between games so he can work on the issues he has been having.

Rest of the team is playing really well offensively... but the D and overall team defense is still not very good, even over this win streak.  (Vegas game being the exception)

Basically the team is winning by outscoring their opponents... ala Edmonton Oilers circa 1982.

Management still need to focus on finding a bonafide top 4 D-Man, preferable a big tough one who can play with Hughes...  that would allow Schenn to move down in the pairings and balance the overall D.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Maybe it’s just me. Probably just me. 

I love Kuz. 

But, is he the guy that loves his own personal achievements, moreso than being excited about his ‘boys’? 

I don’t like the arrow thing. He doesn’t deserve ‘that’ yet. 

The ‘arrow’ is symbolic with this team and this fanbase. 

Like I said, love Kuz, but I think someone needs to educate him. 

For Burr,

But mostly for Luc. Never forget Luc.

The arrow is for Luc Bourdon. 

• Like 4

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

I know Demko was not spectacular in this game, but he did have a decent save percentage and this was a very important game for him.

With the amount of run support the forwards are providing, this is the time for him to get back his confidence.

I think ideally he and Martin split the goaltending duties 50/50... Demko needs a break between games so he can work on the issues he has been having.

Rest of the team is playing really well offensively... but the D and overall team defense is still not very good, even over this win streak.  (Vegas game being the exception)

Basically the team is winning by outscoring their opponents... ala Edmonton Oilers circa 1982.

Management still need to focus on finding a bonafide top 4 D-Man, preferable a big tough one who can play with Hughes...  that would allow Schenn to move down in the pairings and balance the overall D.

Should be possible.  No need to tear this down when the offense is one of the top scoring teams in the league. Find a solution on D.

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I suppose you could, but I prefer to take the more pessimistic prediction when it comes to playoff projections. 20 years of being a Canuck fan will do that to you. If you chose to take the .400 route, you'd still have to project those points instead of projecting 0 points over the new few games.

Try 30 years of being canucks fan ::D

still going back to your statement edm is likely to lose next game seeing as they are playing panthers. Canucks on the other hand is a toss up after a road trip but against a struggling caps team 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, mordekai said:

Try 30 years of being canucks fan ::D

still going back to your statement edm is likely to lose next game seeing as they are playing panthers. Canucks on the other hand is a toss up after a road trip but against a struggling caps team 

Hey, I guess I can give you props for remaining positive through all of that. I would love nothing more than for the Canucks to stick it to all the doubters and prove the can be a playoff team.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1