The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 3 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Arizona Coyotes - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

5 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Mmmm.. we really are playing Studnicka/Dries over Boeser. Not sure I'd agree with that even though Boeser has not played well. Stillman can never clear the puck is in again. 

We’re playing them over Boeser and Podkolzin.

Who would have guessed that at the start of the season?

1 minute ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Pretty much the same team as always, if they allow 4 goals they lose and if they score 5 they win.

Every now and then they catch a team that takes them too lightly and stumbles.

Insider says he heard two stalwarts would not mind being traded.

I am surprised I thought the number would be much higher.

What is the hardest thing to do in the NHL is score goals and these guys are going all out to pad their stat line so some team may want them, as Bruce said "stats" players. Even Rutherford said it would be good for the team the more Horvat scores so that goes for everyone else too.

Arizona is fast and fairly young by Canucks standards, they only have a dozen NHL players 25 and under on the team to Vancouver's six 25 and under.

Speed kills so Arizona gets within one win of the Canucks.

They have had it really hard to start the year essentially living out of suitcases out of 21 games they have been the home team only 4 times but they have 3 in hand on the Nucks.

Don't expect anything and the way they are going it is hard not to guess a loss. But they will not lose them all. Sure hope Allvin doesn't use Demko's injury as a reason to keep this circus together. That is what a lazy and stupid GM does when baffled. Or he trades away a 1rst for a goalie. :frantic:

Which insider said two Canuck stalwarts wouldn’t mind getting traded?  

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

We’re playing them over Boeser and Podkolzin.

Who would have guessed that at the start of the season?

Maybe Boeser is a healthy scratch because there’s a trade on the horizon and they are protecting the asset?  

20 minutes ago, Bell said:

May be the worst player I have ever watched play in the NHL.  He has zero understanding of where he is suppose to be on the ice and what his job is  We have had some absolute dog***t defenseman over the years but this guy makes them all look like hall of famers.  His teammates have no idea what he is going to do with or without the puck.

17 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Mmmm.. we really are playing Studnicka/Dries over Boeser. Not sure I'd agree with that even though Boeser has not played well. Stillman can never clear the puck is in again. 

You do know that there is more than one player on the team right?

Are you so naïve to believe Stillman is the reason they lose?

If anything it is on the high priced talent guys

Talk talk about Stillman and Bruce when it is Allvin who should be the center of attention. It is not Stillman's fault there are no support players for him like Hughes gets. 

With this line up Boudreau could just pull names out of a hat and it would be hard to pick any better line up. Maybe if Bruce really wants to send a message he should pull Hughes off the ice after his 3rd, 4th or 5th turnover. 

Some team threw waffles on the ice, fans here should throw something to go with the turnovers. 

:D turnovers at the restaurant are 8 bucks each but on the ice they are free!

Edited by ToTellTheTruth

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Boeser is a healthy scratch because there’s a trade on the horizon and they are protecting the asset?  

Allvin hasn't done well with his trades.  Not really confident he will make a good trade or is capable of making one.  Anyways, he has two years to SUPPOSEDLY fix, the Gillis & JB saga...

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

You do know that there is more than one player on the team right?

Are you so naïve to believe Stillman is the reason they lose?

If anything it is on the high priced talent guys

Talk talk about Stillman and Bruce when it is Allvin who should be the center of attention. It is not Stillman's fault there are no support players for him like Hughes gets. 

With this line up Boudreau could just pull names out of a hat and it would be hard to pick any better line up. Maybe if Bruce really wants to send a message he should pull Hughes off the ice after his 3rd, 4th or 5th turnover. 

Some team threw waffles on the ice, fans here should throw something to go with the turnovers. 

:D turnovers at the restaurant are 8 bucks each but on the ice they are free!

First you seem to be emotional talking about Stillman, no need lol. 

I am always onto Stillman because our defense is already bad. But we are still playing a leaky 3rd pairing Stillman/Myers? That is nonsense. Not to mention I have seen way too many comeback goals (Not Canucks comebacks, but the other way around) and Stillman is on the freaking ice. Standing there waving his stick chasing down a man while we get scored on.  

Btw the above is just my opinion. But fact is Stillman has played 12 games on 3rd pairing minutes and is a -9, the worst of our defensemen. Myers is -1. Speaks for itself. 

Edited by Drakrami
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Darius said:

He didnt do anything spectacular because the stats./facts do not fit your narrative.  Fact is he is a consistent 20+ goal scorer, led the team in scoring 2 out of past 5 years.  You do your best, as a management team, not to let that walk for nothing.  Even last year his underlying numbers, rel cf%, rel ff%, give away numbers were amongst the best of the top 9 forwards on the team.

In light of the fact that we have watched Tanev, Edler, Markstrom etc etc recently walk for nothing, i believe management made the right bet signing him with the hopes that he can marginally improve his numbers so that they can move him for something that helps the team.   There was absolutely nothing in precedent, before this year, that would have hinted that he would be  3 goal scorer 20 games in .   Its easy for you to judge this 20 games in and in retrospect.

Again, i have no problem with him being scratched or moved, but it would have been a mistake for management to let him walk for nothing.  We have seen several prominent players walk for nothing and its one of the reasons this team is in this mess.

He scored 23 goals last year while staying relatively healthy and playing too 6 and pp1. That screams mediocre and below average at best. Other aspects of his game has been horrendous to say the least so his only value is to score and produce points. He isn’t even doing that, so what’s the use of this player? Hence the press box he goes. 

9 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

First you seem to be emotional talking about Stillman, no need lol. 

I am always onto Stillman because our defense is already bad. But we are still playing a leaky 3rd pairing Stillman/Myers? That is nonsense. Not to mention I have seen way too many comeback goals (Not Canucks comebacks, but the other way around) and Stillman is on the freaking ice. Standing there waving his stick chasing down a man while we get scored on.  

Nah, no emotion, resignation nothing will change and shame for hanging on.

I just don't like one player blamed for a problem not of his making.

Pick out any name and the team is losing and losing and losing. Miller should know better, Hughes is supposed to be so good he walks on water, why isn't he carrying this kids baggage a bit. Petey is deciding or that decision is being made for him and Horvat is playing looking relieved, like his decision is already made.

Edited by ToTellTheTruth

5 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

To be fair when management failed to significantly adjust the D and burned any cap flexibility on more wingers this was the expected outcome. Short sited and frustrating after a decade of short sided and frustrating management. 

And that 2nd on a suspect prospect. 

That 2nd plus Garland or Hogs or Rathbone, we could have gotten a dman. 

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Big WIN for the good guys tonight. 

image.gif.846b8e8629176e941ca7e469edec0f6c.gif

If the forwards actually cover the points a zillion times better we might, every time I watch a game I shake my head at our wingers trying to help out or D too much and not letting the center do his job and then they end up not covering the point and most of the point shots are easy and they get through. 

Idk who the F is responsible for that, the coaching or the players but it's got to stop. 

Like the dump and chase scenario without a fast team.. 

It's getting painful to watch :(

• There it is 1

5 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

He scored 23 goals last year while staying relatively healthy and playing too 6 and pp1. That screams mediocre and below average at best. Other aspects of his game has been horrendous to say the least so his only value is to score and produce points. He isn’t even doing that, so what’s the use of this player? Hence the press box he goes. 

He still scored 23 goals, led the team Cf% rel, Cf%,third in ff%, 5th in take aways, 10th in give aways - fewer than any top 6 forward.  You seem not to be understanding what im explaining to you.  Management signing him was the safer route than letting him walk.  I dont know how many more ways i can explain this to you,

Im not arguing about this year, im telling you that giving him the 3 year contract at the time was a reasonable way to deal with him as an asset in light of everything that he had accomplished up to that point- no matter how much you try and downplay his production to that point.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Nah, no emotion, resignation nothing will change and shame for hanging on.

I just don't like one player blamed for a problem not of his making.

Pick out any name and the team is losing and losing and losing. Miller should know better, Hughes is supposed to be so good he walks on water, why isn't he carrying this kids baggage a bit. Petey is deciding or that decision is being made for him and Horvat is playing looking relieved, like his decision is already made.

The team being bad and Stillman being in the lineup are sepearte issues lol, why are you combining them? The team can be bad, but it is still their responsibility to the fans to ace their best lineup. If the lineup is flawed (Stillman) this is why I am complaining every game lol. 

1 minute ago, Darius said:

He still scored 23 goals, led the team Cf% rel, Cf%,third in ff%, 5th in take aways, 10th in give aways - fewer than any top 6 forward.  You seem not to be understanding what im explaining to you.  Management signing him was the safer route than letting him walk.  I dont know how many more ways i can explain this to you,

Im not arguing about this year, im telling you that giving him the 3 year contract at the time was a reasonable way to deal with him as an asset in light of everything that he had accomplished up to that point- no matter how much you try and downplay his production to that point.

Signing him was a bad decision. Why? Because me along with A WHOLE BUNCH of others saw this coming. Brock simply has been sucking since his back injury. Sometimes you have to cut your loss and fold your hand. There was no taker for Brock, there will not be another taker for Brock for “value” unless he magically scores 30 again (which will not happen). So what are you doing here - 19 million dollars paid for three useless years. That’s it. The problem with the new management is that at the time of signing they didn’t see enough of him play. Thinking it was some sort of a down year for him. No, it wasn’t. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Signing him was a bad decision. Why? Because me along with A WHOLE BUNCH of others saw this coming. Brock simply has been sucking since his back injury. Sometimes you have to cut your loss and fold your hand. There was no taker for Brock, there will not be another taker for Brock for “value” unless he magically scores 30 again (which will not happen). So what are you doing here - 19 million dollars paid for three useless years. That’s it. The problem with the new management is that at the time of signing they didn’t see enough of him play. Thinking it was some sort of a down year for him. No, it wasn’t. 

We are wasting our time.  These guys are too obsessed with brocks oily hair to understand anything 

2 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

Boeser is the worst player on the team right now. So why is it weird to sit your weakest player who gives close to zero effort? No idea what you are saying is weird lol

It's not a hot take. It's a weird take. How anyone sees anything but a lazy floater is ... weird. :P