The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 3 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Arizona Coyotes - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

One guys struggle whos gone under the radar a bit is Garland.

Guys be a non-factor for a while now. 

Hasn't scored a goal since October and only has 2 assists being -5 in his last 11 games.

When he touches the ice, the ice gets colder. 

Then they need to pump and dump him. Put him on the first unit and inflate his stats!

I swear no team lets assets diminish to the point of zero value more than this team.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

One guys struggle whos gone under the radar a bit is Garland.

Guys be a non-factor for a while now. 

Hasn't scored a goal since October and only has 2 assists being -5 in his last 11 games.

When he touches the ice, the ice gets colder. 

He hasn't been his at his Pest, guy needs to be a pain in the ass to play against.

Too quiet, and is staying on the edge of things too much.

Top level Garland is a jerk to play against.

When was the last time he drew a penalty?

it used to be a large part of his game.

An argument can be made that nobody is actually playing their best**, despite their personal stats.

** a couple of exceptions.

Schenn has played about as well as he can, in the vast majority of the games

Burroughs has looked good in most of the games, though he has had about 3 stinkers

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Not even a year in, and you despise management?

What a short honeymoon.

Yeah they are utterly horrific, they absolutely blew it this summer with the Boeser and Miller signings. The Dickinson move was simply tragic and wasting money on yet more wingers was beyond stupid. On top of that it looks like Allvin is a cocky imbecile and blindly thinks this wonderful collection of players are simply not being professional enough and are underperforming. So most likely he will be looking to spend money and picks on more wingers to provide more support to this awful hockey team. With brain dead analysis like that we'll be mired with horrible hockey for years with absolutely nothing but losing to look forward to. I've never been more disappointed in 40+ years as a Canucks fan.

21 minutes ago, Gurn said:

^ Do the Canucks really fight Cancer, or do they make a show about it?

Hold up a placard with someone's name on it. That will stop cancer won't it?

The tweet below shows 1 Canuck  fighting- there may be more; there might not be though. Full credit to J.T.

J.T, you and your family, rock for doing more than talking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Then they need to pump and dump him. Put him on the first unit and inflate his stats!

I swear no team lets assets diminish to the point of zero value more than this team.

We're the 4th smallest team in the league, we could use the size in his spot.. and with Kuz showing up, expendable is the word that comes to my mind 

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If Boeser is traded expect a minimal return.

The almost 7 mil in cap space gained will be the real return if they’re able to.

True enough. Imagine using that cap space in return for a top 4 RHD! This franchises greatest need for TWO years!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Yeah got both my parents... What really hurts every year is Christmas without them.. 

God mother, Uncle and my old vice principal that was great to me.  All of them I was really close with, God mother was my 2nd mom, uncle lived with us for a few years and use to take me to school, VP had my back when I was a shithead in high school.  All of them mentors when I was young and dumb.  My dad's best man just recently passed in September from cancer, had family from the states come up for him as no one knew he was battling.  Far too many lost, miss them everyday.  I'm right there with you, brother.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

True enough. Imagine using that cap space in return for a top 4 RHD! This franchises greatest need for TWO years!

I'd be just as fine with a hockey trade for a #4/5 (and salary) coming back if they can get the right kind of player.  I don't think they'll be able to cap dump him

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1