The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

Just now, EddieVedder said:

You havent been watching boeser play the past 3 yrs have you?

And yes, theyve tried giving him away with no takers.

Lol and no one is givivg him a 7 year 40 mil contract LOL

Yes I have watched him.  And yea he will get a contract like that whether you approve of it or not.  He’s a +50pt player and that’s the going rate.

7 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.  There are nuances to negotiating a trade.  The Canucks aren’t going to give away Boeser and any interested teams would need the cap flexibility to fit his current deal plus be willing to meet what the Canucks want in return.

And yes, Boeser will sign a contact like that, or better, in 2 years time…if you can’t come to grips with that then debating you on the topic is an exercise in futility.

I can’t believe that Brock’s agent actually opened up an account on CDC and gave me 10 minutes of his time. This is really cool stuff. Thank you for that. 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

The only decisions they have to make this week are schenn and miller.  I expect a pretty quiet tdl otherwise

Couldn't they also engage in that bit leading up to the draft? I thought they had til like July 1st to move him. Could be an easier move for teams to fit in later on. 

21 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Couldn't they also engage in that bit leading up to the draft? I thought they had til like July 1st to move him. Could be an easier move for teams to fit in later on. 

I’m a pro JT guy and hope to see him be a part of the bigger picture moving forward but that being said I really don’t take him as the kind of guy that would nix a trade unless it was to somewhere like Edmonton or Winnipeg so that nmc is probably only protecting him from very poor destinations

Just now, Coconuts said:

Just to put a damper on what always seems to be inevitable Dumba chatter. 

Lol.

Yep someone’s gonna offer a “boatload” for a pending UFA that they’ve been trying to unload forever.

They’d be lucky to get a 2nd for him.

• Vintage 1

Just now, LegionOfDoom said:

I’m a pro JT guy and hope to see him be a part of the bigger picture moving forward but that being said I really don’t take him as the kind of guy that would nix a trade unless it was to somewhere like Edmonton or Winnipeg so that nmc is probably only protecting him from very poor destinations

He doesn't currently have the power to nix anything, but yeah I don't see the team shipping him somewhere he wouldn't be receptive to going. The optics look better for the Canucks if they ship him somewhere him and his family would be happy. 

But yeah, most players want to be wanted. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Lol.

Yep someone’s gonna offer a “boatload” for a pending UFA that they’ve been trying to unload forever.

They’d be lucky to get a 2nd for him.

Minnesota is jockeying for a playoff spot, at the very least a team would have to offer them enough to outweigh the value of Dumba being their own rental imo. 

Just now, Coconuts said:

Minnesota is jockeying for a playoff spot, at the very least a team would have to offer them enough to outweigh the value of Dumba being their own rental imo. 

True, which they won’t.

Dumba is not a player you add at the deadline. He’s a puck mover that doesn’t put up many points or play well in his own zone.

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

DUmba could be a good rental for a top club, providing Minny retains 50% and pays to get a third party to retain 25%. 

Guerin basically just admitted that there's no interest in Dumba.  There hasn't been in some time.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

True, which they won’t.

Dumba is not a player you add at the deadline. He’s a puck mover that doesn’t put up many points or play well in his own zone.

Agreed, I don't want Dumba. I reckon he just stays put and walks in the offseason. 

Just now, Alflives said:

I eas thinking it would cost Minny a fourth to get the third party involved but then they would get a second for DUmba from the playoff team. 

Maybe something like that, but I question whether they value a 2nd over getting Kaprizov into the playoffs. He's the engine of that team and they need to keep him happy as they ride out being in cap hell. 

3 hours ago, fanofvan said:

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.  There are nuances to negotiating a trade.  The Canucks aren’t going to give away Boeser and any interested teams would need the cap flexibility to fit his current deal plus be willing to meet what the Canucks want in return.

And yes, Boeser will sign a contact like that, or better, in 2 years time…if you can’t come to grips with that then debating you on the topic is an exercise in futility.

This post has to be a joke? no way this is serious