The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

Just now, SilentSam said:

It dosent have to be 40-60 goals if a guy plays a complete game and not play a complimentary role as just a goal scorer.

EP Is actually showing more tenacity and aggression than Bo or Brock put together, and his time in the NHL is less.

No unicorns necessary,  maybe they can learn something from EP.

Im just tired of watching players sign their UFA contracts to play safe and disengaged.

Im concerned that is the tendency that might come with Bo or Brock..   that has been our culture here.

so Horvat has been a complimentary player? lol.  I think that goal scoring is probably the most important attribute a player brings the the table. The fact that he is top 3 in goal scoring in the whole NHL - and on a historic pace in the context of this francise, takes a million face offs (which probably frees up Petey) and wins most of them, is enough to over ride any deficiencies he has.   

Its astounding to me that this player is amongst the leagues best, yet that isnt good enough for some.  Yeah,but he doesnt hit and fight lol....

• Cheers 3

I’d say the thing is now ,  Brock has “grievances “ with the Canucks that will never be repaired.

The sooner we can move that complete cap space, the sooner we are set up to sign Bo and possibly Kuzmenko.

2 players I would like to keep.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

It dosent have to be 40-60 goals if a guy plays a complete game and not play a complimentary role as just a goal scorer.

EP Is actually showing more tenacity and aggression than Bo or Brock put together, and his time in the NHL is less.

No unicorns necessary,  maybe they can learn something from EP.

Im just tired of watching players sign their UFA contracts to play safe and disengaged.

Im concerned that is the tendency that might come with Bo or Brock..   that has been our culture here.

Petey is a complete player other than maybe face offs. The other players can learn from him. BO is a goal scorer who is not a traditional centre who sets up his line mates and is a good two way 200’ player. 

We need more players like Petey who can play the two way game. Especially on the 3rd line. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

so Horvat has been a complimentary player? lol.  I think that goal scoring is probably the most important attribute a player brings the the table. The fact that he is top 3 in goal scoring in the whole NHL - and on a historic pace in the context of this francise, takes a million face offs (which probably frees up Petey) and wins most of them, is enough to over ride any deficiencies he has.   

Its astounding to me that this player is amongst the leagues best, yet that isnt good enough for some.  Yeah,but he doesnt hit and fight lol....

I e stated before I would rather keep Bo.

And yes, this year so far, he is playing more engaged,.   But is it just to get his retirement contract?       That’s the culture here, and it’s based on a fan base that is mostly charitable , supporting the “franchise” more for what it does in the community,  than what it does in the playoffs with a hard nosed unfriendly team.

Bo has been brought up in that culture here.

His mindset needs to change for this team to change as a captain.

just my opinion..   and I’ll stick to it.

48 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Then a leave of absence should be granted to Brock ( without pay) until he sorts his issues out.   His play has let down this team , and the contract he signed for looks ridiculous.

I think enough time and empathy has been given,  and Brock needs to deal with this alone.

Sure enough he will get traded somewhere else,  and wake himself up to the idea that LIFE goes on,  it dosent stop,.   And you have to progress from your losses.

Death is a stop ,    

Only memories are left behind , and the attachment to those memories should bring you pride. Make you feel proud for the times you had, and where they have placed you for your future to go forward with.

Be proud.

When you feel the loss,  fill back up with pride of being so close to that person and what you shared.

That is how you honour death..  you let it live on through you, and with you into the future before you.

What is Dead may never die.

Latin:    quid agis ut mortui non mori

His career year pace has let the team down. Lol just such nonsense. 

you make it seem like he’s the only issue on this team. 

average goaltending over paid under performing veteran D OEL Myers 

forwards that won’t commit to defence miller 

Brock  has never been great in his own end he’s actually bad

but his stats are consistent he hasn’t let anyone down people just need a scapegoat to  crap on 

he’s 

PRODUCING AT A CAREER YEAR PACE!

if he can stay heathy 

we need the cap space that’s the reality

he hasn’t changed one bit since all praise was sung to his resigning. 

man it’s hilarious. 
But let’s just keep fabricating reasons he must be traded. 
And why he has zero value yet he’ll make any team he goes to better and him not in our  line up makes are team worse.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I e stated before I would rather keep Bo.

And yes, this year so far, he is playing more engaged,.   But is it just to get his retirement contract?       That’s the culture here, and it’s based on a fan base that is mostly charitable , supporting the “franchise” more for what it does in the community,  than what it does in the playoffs with a hard nosed unfriendly team.

Bo has been brought up in that culture here.

His mindset needs to change for this team to change as a captain.

just my opinion..   and I’ll stick to it.

no problem with your opinion Sam.

I dont think he can sustain being a top 3 scorer in the league.  But i think hes been fine as a captain, and have no problem if the team extended him.  My preference would be to keep him and move Miller, but theres a million other topics about that haha

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Its going to be Brock for Dumba 

If that were the case I would say don't bother unless Dumba could be flipped at the TDL for picks.

Otherwise any move with Boeser should be to free up cap space and gain a prospect and/or picks.

9 minutes ago, combover said:

His career year pace has let the team down. Lol just such nonsense. 

you make it seem like he’s the only issue on this team. 

average goaltending over paid under performing veteran D OEL Myers 

forwards that won’t commit to defence miller 

Brock  has never been great in his own end he’s actually bad

but his stats are consistent he hasn’t let anyone down people just need a scapegoat to  crap on 

he’s 

PRODUCING AT A CAREER YEAR PACE!

if he can stay heathy 

we need the cap space that’s the reality

he hasn’t changed one bit since all praise was sung to his resigning. 

man it’s hilarious. 
But let’s just keep fabricating reasons he must be traded. 
And why he has zero value yet he’ll make any team he goes to better and him not in our  line up makes are team worse.

Hey I can agree with you on other points as well !  Your absolutely right.

but this is about timing, and the timing of Bo contract NOW that he seems to be walking away to free agency.

We can gripe all we want ..  but management can only deal with what they can deal with to correct this whole problem.

So now we look at Bo or Brock as assets to possibly acquire a future with.

Linden being traded did that for us.

Doubt if deals like that exist anymore,.  But seems to be the wind fall many expect lol.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Darius said:

no problem with your opinion Sam.

I dont think he can sustain being a top 3 scorer in the league.  But i think hes been fine as a captain, and have no problem if the team extended him.  My preference would be to keep him and move Miller, but theres a million other topics about that haha

I’ve always digressed to the phrase,.   “It’s hockey , and anything can happen “

.. as typically so,  in our last game V’s the Habs lol

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’d say the thing is now ,  Brock has “grievances “ with the Canucks that will never be repaired.

The sooner we can move that complete cap space, the sooner we are set up to sign Bo and possibly Kuzmenko.

2 players I would like to keep.

Which are?

It's Festivus I need to know.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Then a leave of absence should be granted to Brock ( without pay) until he sorts his issues out.   His play has let down this team , and the contract he signed for looks ridiculous.

I think enough time and empathy has been given,  and Brock needs to deal with this alone.

Sure enough he will get traded somewhere else,  and wake himself up to the idea that LIFE goes on,  it dosent stop,.   And you have to progress from your losses.

Death is a stop ,    

Only memories are left behind , and the attachment to those memories should bring you pride. Make you feel proud for the times you had, and where they have placed you for your future to go forward with.

Be proud.

When you feel the loss,  fill back up with pride of being so close to that person and what you shared.

That is how you honour death..  you let it live on through you, and with you into the future before you.

What is Dead may never die.

Latin:    quid agis ut mortui non mori

While I agree.  Moving past a death is not linear.  You dont just wake up one day and are suddenly back to how you felt before.  It takes time, years even, to get use to living without someone, especially a parent.  Yes you can be good enough to go to work but doesn't mean your headspace is there too.  Not something you can exactly turn off and all the scrutiny does not help either because you're genuinely trying your best and want to move past it.  You bet your ass Boeser wants to be the player he was when he came into the league and he knows his Dad would want him to.  But that right there is the vicious cycle of head space.  "Play my best hockey to honour dad".  "damn I miss dad".  "okay get it together and do it for him!".  "I got it together for dad, but damn I miss him everyday".  Rinse and repeat.  

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, GB5 said:

If that were the case I would say don't bother unless Dumba could be flipped at the TDL for picks.

Otherwise any move with Boeser should be to free up cap space and gain a prospect and/or picks.

Dumba value at TDL > BB6 at TDL simply because of contract status 

16 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

While I agree.  Moving past a death is not linear.  You dont just wake up one day and are suddenly back to how you felt before.  It takes time, years even, to get use to living without someone, especially a parent.  Yes you can be good enough to go to work but doesn't mean your headspace is there too.  Not something you can exactly turn off and all the scrutiny does not help either because you're genuinely trying your best and want to move past it.  You bet your ass Boeser wants to be the player he was when he came into the league and he knows his Dad would want him to.  But that right there is the vicious cycle of head space.  "Play my best hockey to honour dad".  "damn I miss dad".  "okay get it together and do it for him!".  "I got it together for dad, but damn I miss him everyday".  Rinse and repeat.  

And exactly why he deserves to be traded. Very difficult to move past previous experience when you still reside in the same environment where it occurred. 

• Vintage 2

I'm ready to move on from some of the players. I'd like JR/PA to be more aggressive with building a better team down the road, but I can't see them doing that. 

Boeser, Miller, Garland, Pearson should be traded IMO

Re-sign Horvat, Kuzmenko and Schenn. Without Schenn, they're a pretty weak team. 

I don't imagine anything will happen until the TDL, and I hope if Boeser is pissed off he doesn't affect his team mates with it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm ready to move on from some of the players. I'd like JR/PA to be more aggressive with building a better team down the road, but I can't see them doing that. 

Boeser, Miller, Garland, Pearson should be traded IMO

Re-sign Horvat, Kuzmenko and Schenn. Without Schenn, they're a pretty weak team. 

I don't imagine anything will happen until the TDL, and I hope if Boeser is pissed off he doesn't affect his team mates with it. 

Boeser doesn’t seem like that kinda guy doubt he makes anything worse. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1