The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

I still think that New Jersey could be trading partner. They need a sniper.

Holz, a young kid, who was thought to take that spot, while already to good for the AHL, isn't yet ready for the big show. He could be a part of a trade, but only if they add a proven defenseman.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the harry said:

I still think that New Jersey could be trading partner. They need a sniper.

Holz, a young kid, who was thought to take that spot, while already to good for the AHL, isn't yet ready for the big show. He could be a part of a trade, but only if they add a proven defenseman.

Can you really call Boeser a sniper at this point?  He has 4 goals this year.  There are 235 players  in The league with more goals than him, and a lot of them make less than his  $6.65m per season.  I don’t see NJ having any interest in this. Especially at his full cap hit 

7 hours ago, qwijibo said:

NJ is 21-6-2. Why would they put themselves deeper into LTIR usage (leaving them no space to make any further moves) to pick up a struggling $6.65m winger and leave themselves short an NHL defenceman? 

We know BB's shortcomings, but he would still be tied for 5th amongst forwards on that team.  BB would be an instant upgrade on Haula in the top 6 and Haula would be well suited on the 3rd line.  Severson is playing on the 3rd pairing and clearly out of favour in NJ.  The concept of this generally makes sense if they don't have the cap issues, and NJ also doesn't always attract top players if you exclude Hamilton so it may be a valid approach while key players are on ELCs.  May need to toss a 3rd pairing D back to fill the roster spot for them.

1 hour ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

We know BB's shortcomings, but he would still be tied for 5th amongst forwards on that team.  BB would be an instant upgrade on Haula in the top 6 and Haula would be well suited on the 3rd line.  Severson is playing on the 3rd pairing and clearly out of favour in NJ.  The concept of this generally makes sense if they don't have the cap issues, and NJ also doesn't always attract top players if you exclude Hamilton so it may be a valid approach while key players are on ELCs.  May need to toss a 3rd pairing D back to fill the roster spot for them.

Ok. Let me come at this another way.  NJ is 6th in the league for goals scored at 194 and have given up the 3rd fewest at 71. Does that sound like a team that would want to mess with their team dynamic? 

50 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Ok. Let me come at this another way.  NJ is 6th in the league for goals scored at 194 and have given up the 3rd fewest at 71. Does that sound like a team that would want to mess with their team dynamic? 

I have to agree that from their perspective, I wouldn't change a lot, however it's hard to know how team's operate.  If they decide to get something of more value that the cap for Severson on the 3rd pairing, this could still have some legs as they look at the longer term sustainability.  It's always hard to know.

On 12/4/2022 at 11:45 AM, NUCKER67 said:

Saw an article (The Hockey Writers / Yardbarker) saying DET has the cap space and could make a play for Boeser.  Zadina was one name that was suggested. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/red_wings_have_the_pieces_to_acquire_canucks_brock_boeser/s1_16448_38202771

I could get on board for a Boeser to Detroit for Zadina and a 2024 2nd?!?

I also could seee Boeser to Buffalo for Asplund and a 2024 2nd

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Neutral said:

I could get on board for a Boeser to Detroit for Zadina and a 2024 2nd?!?

I also could seee Boeser to Buffalo for Asplund and a 2024 2nd

I would go for Zadina and a 2nd in a heartbeat.  I may just do Boeser for Zadina straight up in the hope we could turn him around.  Cap savings alone is huge and gives us many options.

• Vintage 1