The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It's a shame....if they get rid of our only tough guy(s) we're taking huge steps backwards in that regards. The team that's soft to play against was building a bit of a new narrative and I'd hate to lose ground in that. I know, I know "re-sign him later" but people also thought that we'd do that with Bo too.

Not only is "the future" dependent on what we get/acquire, it's also about the players in the here and now and how they feel. Luke and JT...the two who had Petey's back. That stuff's important too.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I don't find this surprising in the slightest. Schenn could be looking down the barrel of a 2-3 million dollar contract with the quality of hockey he's putting out the last couple years. It would be a massive misstep to sign him to a deal worth that kind of cash. The best chance of getting Schenn for under 2 million is signing him in the summer.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

It's a shame....if they get rid of our tough guys we're taking huge steps backwards....I know, I know "re-sign him later" but people also thought that we'd do that with Bo too.

Not only is "the future" dependent on what we get/acquire, it's also about the players in the here and now and how they feel. Luke and JT...the two who had Petey's back. That stuff's important too.

Great points.

And if we happen to win the draft lottery then we better get Schenn back, or it at least some other serviceable muscle to help protect Bedard. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

Great points.

And if we happen to win the draft lottery then we better get Schenn back, or it at least some other serviceable muscle to help protect Bedard. 

Why do people think that if we trade guys we won't look to replace some of the skill sets they have...?

Trade Schenn..."Well we're never going to have another tough vet that can stick up for team mates".

Trade Miller... "Well, we'll never have another power forward, guess that's over".

Like... What?

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I don't find this surprising in the slightest. Schenn could be looking down the barrel of a 2-3 million dollar contract with the quality of hockey he's putting out the last couple years. It would be a massive misstep to sign him to a deal worth that kind of cash. The best chance of getting Schenn for under 2 million is signing him in the summer.

But he also wants to be here, so that matters. Once he's gone it could be for good.

We don't know what he'll get...remember, "old guy" stuff.

if they haven't talked extension, to me that means there's at least one offer on the table they'd be willing to take already and are waiting to see if they can get something better. gotta think they would have talked numbers with him if they didn't like the looks of the offers coming in. 

Edited by tas

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

But he also wants to be here, so that matters. Once he's gone it could be for good.

We don't know what he'll get...remember, "old guy" stuff.

To be fair, if he wants to be here he'll come back. He's been very vocal about his desire to be in Vancouver. But if a few months away change this opinion on that, I also don't think he's signing here at a discounted price. Guddy got a massive paycheck recently for being a  tough righty. I definitely have concerns Schenn is looking at a big pay day, rightfully so. I don't want the Canucks to be the ones to give him that money. Under 2, great sign me up. But more then that we gotta walk, IMO.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Why do people think that if we trade guys we won't look to replace some of the skill sets they have...?

Trade Schenn..."Well we're never going to have another tough vet that can stick up for team mates".

Trade Miller... "Well, we'll never have another power forward, guess that's over".

Like... What?

Nope, I am not one of those people. Despite hating to see him go, I am all for trading him. Like I mentioned in that post, I think we just try to either get him back in the off-season “or it at least some other serviceable muscle…”

I don’t think I’m being an irrational fan like it seems like you just made me out to be. Come on man, live up to your namesake and be a gent lol

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, YearoftheNuck said:

Nope, I am not one of those people. Despite hating to see him go, I am all for trading him. Like I mentioned in that post, I think we just try to either get him back in the off-season “or it at least some other serviceable muscle…”

I don’t think I’m being an irrational fan like it seems like you just made me out to be. Come on man, live up to your namesake and be a gent lol

Sorry, was agreeing with/spinning off your post.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Like... What?

I'm saying if we need those things why not just keep them? If they're few and far between?

And the exaggerations again....they don't make the point. No one said "we'll never have another" (those are your words to add that emphasis that hints at the point being diluted to fit your narrative).

• Upvote 1

I'm in the keep Schenn and Miller camp and would like to see a similar tough to play against player added to the current roster.  Miller needs a buddy who will back him up and call him out.... who's the player?  Schenn and someone else.. who?   Find and get that player.  

The fact that management hasn't even talked contract with Schenn indicates to me that they intend to move him.  At least talk contract before moving him. If they move out Schenn, bring up Juulson for some toughness.   

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'm saying if we need those things why not just keep them? If they're few and far between?

And the exaggerations again....they don't make the point. No one said "we'll never have another" (those are your words to add that emphasis that hints at the point being diluted to fit your narrative).

Agreed.  Keep what's working, trade out what's not if they can.

• Cheers 1