The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

3 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

These days, they actually do, even a plebe like me didn't have to lift a finger on my move last summer...they even packed the clothes haha

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Must be nice, I’m not letting other people pack my stuff though. :lol:

LOL my wife was super sick the weekend we were scheduled to move

The movers literally packed boxes around her while she was still in bed and finally I had to roll her off the bed and then they dismantled the bed and moved it as well.

She literally did not lift a finger. Poor girl was out cold.

They take the dishes out of the cabinet and pack it as welll.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would hope he’s doing all the packing since she’s about to pop.

Also that makes me think he’s getting traded somewhere close (Seattle, Calgary, Edmonton).

You can’t fly when you’re that pregnant so any move would have to be a drive away.

He was also talking about them having to book flights, so could be anywhere.  I doubt she would fly anytime in the next couple of weeks, but she probably would be flying out afterwards.  Remember, Luke is probably going to a contender, so he may be playing hockey until May or even June...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Tanks a lot 1

41 minutes ago, stawns said:

There's a lot of factors involved in that.  Generally if you have a surplus at one position and a deficiency at another, you use your surplus to fix your deficiency.  Cap plays a huge part, league position, compete window etc etc etc

There are. But for the most part you keep the better player. IE, if trading from a position of strength, you will try to keep the better player. 

Why don’t professional athletes plan to have babies in their offseason? I know sometimes it’s unplanned but having to leave the team during a playoff drive or critical stretch you’d think that they would plan to have it in the 5 months or so they get off a year. 

Kind of baffling if you ask me, by your third child you know what’s up at that point. 

• Wat 4
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, myre said:

No there hasn't been. He went further by saying 21. To 23-year-old players who can make an impact, why would those other teams trade those for a second round pick? I feel like he kind of cornered himself and realized that model has been tried here and it failed miserably so the goal post moved a little bit but it's still doesn't add up. Most all successful teams draft lots and don't move draft picks when coming off of terrible seasons.

Not to mention in this climate it is super hard to make trades of any type so teams that are not on top should be taking advantage of what little avenues are available like trading UFA's for draft picks. Not throwing them away for half ass reclamation projects to replace players we already have in spades.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Not to mention in this climate it is super hard to make trades of any type so teams that are not on top should be taking advantage of what little avenues are available like trading UFA's for draft picks. Not throwing them away for half ass reclamation projects to replace players we already have in spades.

Exactly! I feel like if you throw on the PlayStation it gives you a false hope that you can solve all the Canucks problems really simply haha. I know that's what I do some days lol.

2 hours ago, myre said:

I would be more than happy to get a second round pick for Luke and as for the bolded part. I just don't see that happening. Why wouldn't the team trading just trade a expiring cap dump to a different team for like a fourth or fifth round pick? Like you said it would be an expiring contract with weeks left in the season. I can't see why they would give up a first and not find a bottom feeder and throw them a fourth or fifth round pick

Because I THINK Schenn has more value THIS TDL then a late 2nd, and the cap space would then enable the team to make another move; add a scoring fwd to an already stacked team? Not saying it will happen, but I wouldn't be all that surprised. A couple things to consider; the 1st would be WAY late and Schenn is the absolute perfect 6/7 dman for a playoff run.

14 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Picks or prospects this year please.....especially at this stage of the year.

• Cheers 2

Thinking TOR must be freaking out these days, their window closing fast. Matthews could be gone after next season, unless they convince him to stay for $15 million a season :lol:

Without a really solid D core, they're going to struggle to beat teams like TB and BOS. The Leafs are desperate. JR could really make them overpay for Schenn's services. 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Thinking TOR must be freaking out these days, their window closing fast. Matthews could be gone after next season, unless they convince him to stay for $15 million a season :lol:

Without a really solid D core, they're going to struggle to beat teams like TB and BOS. The Leafs are desperate. JR could really make them overpay for Schenn's services. 

I don't think this management knows how to do this. I don't think they have the gall to rip other GMs off.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

Why don’t professional athletes plan to have babies in their offseason? I know sometimes it’s unplanned but having to leave the team during a playoff drive or critical stretch you’d think that they would plan to have it in the 5 months or so they get off a year. 

Kind of baffling if you ask me, by your third child you know what’s up at that point. 

Since you've opened the possibility to be asked, do you have any idea about what you're talking about?

• Wat 1

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I don't think this management knows how to do this. I don't think they have the gall to rip other GMs off.

The last Canucks GM that I can remember who routinely got the better in trades was Quinn.  Burke tried, but other than the Sedin magic he pulled off at the draft, I don't think other GM's liked Burke enough to give him the time of day.  The rest of the GM's in this organization.....meh. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

These days, they actually do, even a plebe like me didn't have to lift a finger on my move last summer...they even packed the clothes haha

Wife moved us from our old house to our current house while I was away and now I cannot access my hockey gear and sticks due to the movers packing them in our storage pod between the heavy furniture in the front and others in the back. She knows they broke some stuff in the process so she will not let me get to it (for liability reasons), but that also also gave me the opportunity to buy some new CCM AS-V skates and pro stock Warrior gear :bigblush:

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Anyone else getting the sense that a deal has been made but they're waiting to announce it to protect Schenn right now from having to deal with the media fire when it does get announced? Let him make the move in peace right now, then when he and his wife are ready, announce it and answer questions and all of that at that time. 

Yes. That's 100% what I thinks going down right now.