The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

Scratched tonight, flying home.

I expect it has to do with his wife’s pregnancy and not a trade as he wouldn’t have flown home if traded.

Dhaliwal is saying trade related by why not fly him right to how new destination?

Edited by Provost

6 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Schenn packaged with Boeser would be amazing. $1M retained is okay if it means better assets and cap flexibility for next year.

1m retained would be ok; basically Kuz would fill his role at same cap hit. be egg on JR & PAs face for having to retain after signing him < 9 months ago; hopefully team in front of ego there.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

Scratched tonight, flying home.

I expect it has to do with his wife’s pregnancy and not a trade as he wouldn’t have flown home if traded.

Dhaliwal is saying trade related by why not fly him right to how new destination?

Makes sense if it's a team like Calgary, Seattle, LA. See the wife first and pick up his stuff.

3 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Cole Schwindt might be a good bottom 6 RHC prospect coming back. He was part of the Tkachuk deal. Close to NHL ready, physical, great on draws in all 3 zones. 

Not sure if they have any RHD prospects, but IMO this would be the next best thing. We need a checking line C.

Would be nice to add more Schwindt to the bottom 6 

• Haha 2

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I’d be ok with a 3rd.

Hopefully part of a bigger package though. 

A third would be the absolute minimum for a deal. Tells me this management isn’t great at maximizing returns.

They need to parlay a Schenn trade with taking on a cap dump to up that to a 2nd.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

I hope it's more than a 3rd.. Would rather re-sign Schenn than a 3rd round pick that will likely never play a game in the NHL.

I'd rather take the 3rd.....re-sign him in offseason. Then, see what we have in all our AHL Dman for remainder of year for depth in 2024.

Though I think a late 2nd is more the value, It is literally a 3rd for nothing.....actually just helps us with the tank.