The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Dec. 07, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, R3aL said:

Its scary that Martin made some massive saves and still we won 6-5 in OT to one of the worst teams in league. 

Grinding out these wins in WE CAN OUT SCORE YOU vs Arizona, Montreal, SJ isn't exactly making me super confident in us as a group BUT it has been entertaining as hell.

I jumped up when Kuzmenko tied it AGAIN and that big save sequence by Martin to Kuzmenko and Petey finishing it in OT..

I am so emotionally confused as a fan ahaha but enjoyed that

It's like watching your kid who isn't very good at hockey have great offensive games randomly and you're just filled with pride for some reason while knowing that any game he can go back to playing like normal. 

Just now, mordekai said:

Tbf oel should have gotten 3 assists in the first period alone

jt was floating all game

almost seem like he was pouting the way he skated

Doesn’t matter when you’re responsible for like 3 goals.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Finally hit .500 on the season. Took them a while with all the new faces, but Canucks are rolling now. Playoffs?

We are definitely not making the playoffs hahaha 

We can hardly beat these trash teams with their trash goaltenders. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Finally hit .500 on the season. Took them a while with all the new faces, but Canucks are rolling now. Playoffs?

It’s been nice winning but this type of play and that Habs type of game will not work against those teams in Playoff spots right now.

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

He's playing well but he isn't controlling the game well enough to be a #2 or 3. 

Lots of really safe plays you'd hope your defensemen make but he's not setting up offense consistently enough or preventing enough high danger chances to move him up to those roles.

With that said, it's all opinion. I think it's fair to label him as a #4 though. Certainly a #3 on this team though cuz our defense sucksssss

The opportunity is here for him to rise to occasion, and with this Coach , I think it will happen for him. Yes he plays safe, but he is practically the only one confident to mail a hard 2 line to tape..  and he does that.

It might not be seen every game, but his head is up looking for it, and how to triangle back his D support role.

He knows going deep or long behind , can offer the best outlet seen.  He is always looking for it.

Thats what I see.     Perhaps you don’t see it.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, StanleyCupOneDay said:

I’ll be excited if it happens but it’s gonna be a tough stretch here with no starting goalie. Martin has done admirably but he’s a back up we poor defence in front of him but hey if we can keep scoring 6-8 goals a game we should be good lol

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Kuzy has 4 points in the last 2 games playing on the 3rd line.  Boeser has one assist playing with Petey.  I think we’ve all figured it out by now…

Yep. Kuzy is way better and would help that line but if you put Boeser on the third line we will see massive even strength deficiencies and we won't be able to get the puck out. With Petey they can still produce and not get hemmed in. Boeser needs massive sheltering. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1