The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Dec. 07, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Canucks army have taken to calling this the cocaine bear era of the Canucks which seems about perfect. 
Missed this one, looked crazy in the highlights. 
How was Studnicka at third line centre? 

4th line outshone them. Nothing glaring, nothing amazing for studz.  Too many shifts spent in their own zone, the 2nd and most of the 3rd felt like a 30 minute sharks powerplay. Then we got more charley and kuz assassinated their goalie and then kuz and pettey went 99 stockholm and exploded for the winner.

15 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Buying out OEL is an option..

But that Miller contract is starting to scare me. Just don't think he's worth 8M. I could see this contract being a real problem in 4-5 years. 

I'm just not sold on him. Hope he proves me wrong..

The buyout is looking like coming certainly. Foot speed is turning into big problem and league getting faster. 
‘Priority should be trading Miller, I think Brock as well but highest priority should be Miller on who to move from the forward lines. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

The buyout is looking like coming certainly. Foot speed is turning into big problem and league getting faster. 
‘Priority should be trading Miller, I think Brock as well but highest priority should be Miller on who to move from the forward lines. 

Miller is high risk high reward.  So you have to take the good with the bad.  He can put up the points.  But it’ll come with bad drop passes / passes into the middle, etc.

Just now, BPA said:

Miller is high risk high reward.  So you have to take the good with the bad.  He can put up the points.  But it’ll come with bad drop passes / passes into the middle, etc.

Yep and that equation worked last year but not so much this year. 
‘Plus he just looks gassed all the time. I have wondered a lot about his fitness and with that concern now, imagine at 35 when he starts to slow.  
With Miller and CG57 this team is always interesting. 

41 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Buying out OEL is an option..

But that Miller contract is starting to scare me. Just don't think he's worth 8M. I could see this contract being a real problem in 4-5 years. 

I'm just not sold on him. Hope he proves me wrong..

Miller is at minimum a point a game guy. He is struggling defensively and ability to drive the play this season but in terms of output, his 8M is not overpayment. He will be a force again. You don’t just lose it like that. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

We should try something new with this defence.

I propose we put Hughes with Myers, Myers needs to be confined to staying in front of our net and Hughes to push forward.

OEL should be dropped to the 3rd pairing. 

Hughes Myers

Schenn Bear

OEL Stillman (I prefer Burroughs but JR is meddling in this one)

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Good he was awful.

But on the bright side to have a game where Bo and Miller are quiet and we still score 6!

This offense is the real deal. Just find a replacement for Myers and Stillman already!

Stillman has been fine and likely to develop into a decent bottom pairing dman 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

They shouldn't buyout OELs contract until atleast 2025. Right now he's got 4 more years, if we buy him out we are eating a cap penalty for 8.

Guys become such a whipping boy ala Edler in his last few years, he's fine.

The positive to buying him out at the end of the season would give us a minor Cap  hit of 150K next season, allowing us to eat a bad contract for a 1st pick. 

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

The positive to buying him out at the end of the season would give us a minor Cap  hit of 150K next season, allowing us to eat a bad contract for a 1st pick. 

Then your carrying extra deadweight when you hope to be good

They could just give Myers away after his 5M bonus is paid & use the money taking on a bad deal

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

OEL has been the best dman for the last 5-6 games

That’s not saying much 

didn’t he get easily pushed off the puck for the tying goal. 
wasn’t he the one with the weak play that lead to the short handed breakaway goal where he was push aside.

he made some good plays to 

just seems to be the theme for the entire team  5 bad plays 2 good plays, 5 good saves three bad goals…. 

It’s pretty entertaining thou