The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zdeno Chara makes scathing allegations about Canucks during 2011 Stanley Cup Final

Rate this topic

fivethej

39 minutes ago, chon derry said:

I don’t know if it’s deliberate deflection? or an attempt to impress with 50 other non related facts. I won’t respond to him anymore the floor is his. I’m out. 

I found the out with Sundin, Kesler and the Sedin's credit him for helping out with upping their skills and success. According to him that's non sense and his help here is so over blown. Yeah ok? I'm just gonna go with the guys who actually played with and benfitted from his experience. Thanks though.

Vhs Kiss GIF by vhspositive

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It's what happens when you've followed this team for this long.    But i'm clueless to something's - such as sensitivity, hence the paragraphs.   If DLC calls you out, then yep time for a time out.    As for defending Lucic well he's a wimp.  Won't do it.    Plus rhinoplasty, check into it.   Hurts when you break your hand on a beak like that.   I like Chara.   Don't see a reason not too.  Other than his team beating ours.   Same way i like Potvin.    And others like Ovechkin and Crosby.  Or Jumbo.   He was a great hockey player and one of the last of players in my generation.   We had the best team not to win a cup since expansion.   That isn't lost on me either.  And management/players whether or not they celebrated or not ahead of time, well i sure thought we had the best shot to win.   First in PP% second in PK.   Ballard as your 7th D.   Ugh.  2011 hurt me too.  Just like everyone else.  

Your generation? I was 18 in 1977. Haha 

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Your generation? I was 18 in 1977. Haha 

Old fart.   So Guy Lafleur, Bobby Clark, Orr, those guys.   I was 4.   Naslunds age.  Anyways i managed to piss off some of my favourite posters including Deb, 73,  Don Cherry, and my wife isn't even home yet i'm on fire!  Ugh.    Knew Heffy would blow his stack - which is good.   Sure Chara threw us some shade.   Let's see what KB has to say about that.    At the very least at least it's keeping the rivalry going.   Fan the flames.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Just like the 94 Rags, the league favored the Bruins and their players knew they didn't have to cheat cause the league, was already rigging it for them.  Too bad the Canucks, ran out of players, Loungo failed to show up for a few of those games and Vigneault should had played Schneider; anyways, just looking back- but that was a still good run cause that roster was actually good.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

This opens up some old wounds! That 2011 final ruined hockey for me for a couple years. I don't take the losses nearly as hard now that I'm older and wiser, and I'm not going to waste much energy on this lol.

Stick around i might say something stupid again.   Maybe someone else can take over for me? 

• Haha 2

One of the dumbest things I read in a while. And I frequent the interwebz. I know we had some agitators. But the Sedins, Hamhuis, Edler and Bieksa were definitely all class. They'd never let something like this happen. I want to like Chara, but he really makes it hard when he says something this dumb. Especially funny given he had one of the dirtier hits I ever seen. But hey, pencil neck isn't exactly the brightest crayon in the toolshed.

• Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

This opens up some old wounds! That 2011 final ruined hockey for me for a couple years. I don't take the losses nearly as hard now that I'm older and wiser, and I'm not going to waste much energy on this lol.

meh, it's just horse**** from a cheapshot (though elite) player.  We've had it up the ass about how "we should move on from 2011" from teams of other fans.  But here is a typical Ruin not wanting to move on from 2011.  Again, **** Boston & **** the Ruins.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

I mean really, these guys are professional athletes, not some kids playing street hockey dreaming of being Gretzky. They'd be crazy to even fool around with that stuff, curses and all. That's why no one touches the Conference Championship trophy. 

I've lost all respect for Chara, still trying to stick it to the Canucks 11 years after beating them. What kind of a-hole...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

This stinks of a Neely locker room wall motivating tool nothing more. Refs won them there Cup plain and simple, Bill Daly basically admitted it at the start of the next season presser with Canuck fans, he said they were introducting a few new Officials during the season and into the playoffs that year and mistakes where made. IDIOTS!!!!!!   Still it would have been nice if the Sedins would have gone John Wick on these guys instead of rolling over in the finals.......Sigh

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1