The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zdeno Chara makes scathing allegations about Canucks during 2011 Stanley Cup Final

Rate this topic

fivethej

6 minutes ago, Devron said:

Practicing how to lift the cup? Haha

That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve heard 

Exactly. Could have come up with something a little more believable.

I don’t buy for a second that players, who are all very superstitious, would even pretend to lift a trophy before they’ve won it. They won’t even touch the Stanley cup if they haven’t won it.

Why does it seem like people are digging up a steady stream of dirt right now? Like oh look the Canucks are back in the playoff hunt, quick find another smear campaign!

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2
  • There it is 1

32 minutes ago, jyu said:

Chara lost my respect.

He should've kept his mouth shut. You are retired and you won. Why revisit something like this even if it were true?

I mean, that's what retired athletes do.  They talk about things they couldn't have said while they were still pro.  I'm sure Marchand will have many controversial stories to talk about when he hangs them up.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Exactly. Could have come up with something a little more believable.

I don’t buy for a second that players, who are all very superstitious, would even pretend to lift a trophy before they’ve won it. They won’t even touch the Stanley cup if they haven’t won it.

Why does it seem like people are digging up a steady stream of dirt right now? Like oh look the Canucks are back in the playoff hunt, quick find another smear campaign!

2 minutes ago, EB43 said:

To think someone his age, who won that series and the cup, would make this up years later.. pathetic..

Yeah it’s almost like one of those things where someone made a joke. Years later down the road the person starts to believe it to be true. I mean there are certain stories I carry and I start to question if it’s gotten hyperbolic over the years.

But this.. this is just childish really 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yeah it’s almost like one of those things where someone made a joke. Years later down the road the person starts to believe it to be true. I mean there are certain stories I carry and I start to question if it’s gotten hyperbolic over the years.

But this.. this is just childish really 

Won’t stop the panel on hockey night talking about it though.

Anything negative about the Canucks they’ll jump all over.

Good thing is Bieksa will call it out for what it is. Complete and utter BS spun by a washed up player trying to stay relevant.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Good thing is Bieksa will call it out for what it is. Complete and utter BS spun by a washed up player trying to stay relevant.

Yeah thank goodness KB is in the media. 

Chara should have at least come up with something believable but you’re right people will still eat it up! 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yeah thank goodness KB is in the media. 

Chara should have at least come up with something believable but you’re right people will still eat it up! 

Truth doesn’t matter nowadays just if it will sell.

Enough hockey fans hate the Canucks that they’ll choose to believe it and it will be accepted as fact.

I hope Bieksa takes a shot or two at Chara while he debunks this claim. 

• Cheers 3

39 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

I mean, that's what retired athletes do.  They talk about things they couldn't have said while they were still pro.  I'm sure Marchand will have many controversial stories to talk about when he hangs them up.

Not many of them will say bad things about the opponents, especially if they won.

Most retired athletes, at least the respectable ones anyways, tell a funny story about their own teammates. Bieksa talking about Kesler or about Luongo for example.

Why is no one from the Canucks come out blaming the refs or the Bruins? Rome could easily come out and say $hit about the league for suspending him for 4 games. Daniel could come out and blast the ref that gave him a penalty for getting punched in the face or the countless cross checks to his back from Boston defenders.

Edited by jyu
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I'd love to see Bieksa clean Rotten Ronnie's clock if he opens up his mouth about this.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

That 2011 finals had two of the most classless teams in the modern era.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of us pulled that crap. Burrows and Kesler as much as I love them were on another type of scum and nasty on the ice. If they were playing today they would be cancelled 100%.

Also screw Lucic, Ference, Thornton, Horton, Chara, Marchand, and Campbell. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • RoughGame 2

16 minutes ago, Odd. said:

That 2011 finals had two of the most classless teams in the modern era.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of us pulled that crap.

And yet no member of that Canucks team does....  They were able to lose gracefully while the Bruins continue to feel the need to shovel dirt on a team already in the ground...  11 years ago. 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

that will actually make the panel kind of fun to watch

I don't as a rule, Bieksa or no, I can't stand Ron or Botterill

but listening to McLean dance around Bieksa should be worth the effort