The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zdeno Chara makes scathing allegations about Canucks during 2011 Stanley Cup Final

Rate this topic

fivethej

Chara had a habit of cheapshots on the ice.  Why anybody would think he's classy is beyond me.

He blamed Gallagher for attempting to damage his prized hockey stick here:

Like all Bruins, he has the stink of feces all over him.  **** them all.

Even Cam Neely looked like **** in that Miller fiasco signing.  You put that uniform on, and you eventually look like ****.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I have so much disgust and hate with how this all went down in 2011 that it still boils my blood to this day. Even though we had the best team in our history, owned every positive metric in all statistics, we lost to a combination of badly timed injuries and crooked officiating/NHL meddling. Chara is a piece of garbage to be spewing this bullsh!t. If Juice said this never happened, it never happened. End of story. 

Exactly, especially if Juice is going to address this on national television and put his post retirement gig on the line. Chara should’ve kept his mouth shut, now he’s going to look more of an idiot than he already is. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Chara had a habit of cheapshots on the ice.  Why anybody would think he's classy is beyond me.

He blamed Gallagher for attempting to damage his prized hockey stick here:

Like all Bruins, he has the stink of feces all over him.  **** them all.

Even Cam Neely looked like **** in that Miller fiasco signing.  You put that uniform on, and you eventually look like ****.

Chara-Dive8934.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Exactly, especially if Juice is going to address this on national television and put his post retirement gig on the line. Chara should’ve kept his mouth shut, now he’s going to look more of an idiot than he already is. 

If Juice gets fired for stepping up and doing the right thing, I will be cancelling my Sportsnet package and won't be watching any more Rogers broadcasts through official channels.

Edited by King Heffy
Autocorrect sucks
  • Thanks 1

I also don't think this is true.  However, if the Bruins heard this and felt like they were actually doing these things Chara is saying, then that still provided them bulletin board material and extra motivation.  As a Canucks fan, I don't think I'll ever get over this loss and these comments from Chara just put more salt to a wound that will never heal. I'm interested in hearing what Bieksa will say on Saturday night.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If Juice gets fired for stepping up and doing the right thing, I will be cancelling my Sportsnet package and won't be watching any more Rogers broadcasts through official channels.

Canucks can hire him as an assistant and fire Mike Yeo.

• Thanks 1
  • There it is 2

Good grief.  If Chara was on our team we'd be forever grateful.   He wasn't.   The cup-envy continues.    Who knows what was said or wasn't or done or what wasn't.    People lie, media presents conjecture as fact, and people gobble it up.     But i doubt Chara is lying about what he heard, or that it didn't help push them either.    The moment Rome knocked out Horton, i started worrying.   And was praying TB beat Boston before that.   Because it was already obvious Thomas was pulling a Roy, and we couldn't stand up to Boston physically on paper.   They had too many mean players, we had a couple that's it and undersized really.  

We were the better team on paper.   It happens though.   Often anyways, that the better team doesn't win.   They made us their b!tch.   No point in fretting about it forever.     Chara entered the league as an enforcer, despite some modicum of skill like a ton of guys back them did, including Bryan McCabe and even Brashear.   Do people even know this?   Iginla was also pretty mediocre when he started, badly outplayed by Joe New the first couple seasons.   Chara and Iginla were the best players of their birth year.   Both took time to get there.   Chara wasn't a Pronger right away but did get there eventually (and really close enough in age).   Martin St. Louis, Naslund ...Neidermayer ... and a bit later Marleau, Thornton and the Sedins (with guys like Alfie close).   ... was the best of the best of what that age produced really.    Sedins couldn't cut the pre-cap stuff really.   Media was all over them for that.   But it sure helped them later. 

Used to be, the Canucks were a tough team in the alleys.   No disrespect to Chara from me.    He played an old fashioned game at a high level.    We have one guy on our team right now that does that and it's Schenn (and he's no Chara).   That's it.   Say bad things about Chara might as well be saying bad things about him.   Good grief this games changed.   Fans have too.  Move on.  Nothing to see here.   It's not like he did some dirty things like Messier did to Linden in game six, and even that i can respect to a degree,  we had been on the ropes most of that series already (2011). 

Edited by IBatch
  • RoughGame 3