The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 10 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Minnesota Wild - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

The only thing I will mention is I hope the Canucks and Bruce Boudreau realize they can't play against a playoff team like Minny the same way they have been playing against Montreal and San Jose.

Ignoring defense and trying to outscore your opponent doesn't work against a team with a competent back end.

Canucks desperately need to get a new defensive system in place.

Right now the team is like the 1980 Oilers, but with Pettersson replacing Gretzky.

9 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We don't need the 3rd line to be a scoring line. Make it a tough line to play against. 

Aman and Podkolzin could grow into that in my opinion

both have wheels, hit hard. Aman has to become a faceoff beast, and both need to really develop defensively. Could see it happen over the next few years 

• Like 1

Just now, eeeeergh said:

Aman and Podkolzin could grow into that in my opinion

both have wheels, hit hard. Aman has to become a faceoff beast, and both need to really develop defensively. Could see it happen over the next few years 

Yes, and teach these guys how to fight, so when there is tough stuff our guys inflict damage.  We can intimidate toe opposition. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes, and teach these guys how to fight, so when there is tough stuff our guys inflict damage.  We can intimidate toe opposition. 

I would honestly be happy if podkolzin develops into a tough, hard hitting, fighting, penalty killing third liner. 
Those guys probably gonna be harder to find moving forward than small skilled goalscorers

• Like 2
  • There it is 2

10 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

I would honestly be happy if podkolzin develops into a tough, hard hitting, fighting, penalty killing third liner. 
Those guys probably gonna be harder to find moving forward than small skilled goalscorers

With his potential, I would like to see him doing that in the top 6. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

With his potential, I would like to see him doing that in the top 6. 

Still very very young, he can find his scoring touch and develop a complete game

would like to see him play rest of season in the ahl, and ideally get 1 more down there to be absolutely dominant and work on his defensive positioning and penalty killing 

• Upvote 1