The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour). Jake Livingstone D - NCAA - NHL Availability

SilentSam

22 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Nucks should also be talking to Jake's defense partner Akito Hirose, who spent most of his young hockey years

in the BCHA.  They've been a defensive pairing for the past 3 years and have similar stats.

Make it happen PA!

That's what I'm referencing.

I got you. Who’s the girl with the drum tho?

• Vintage 1

Jake Livingstone 6'4- RD -210lbs - 24 yrs old April-- With Vancouvers defence there will be openings available if he is talented enough to challenge for a spot..

Will be interesting to follow..

Filip Johansson - 6'1 -  RD --185 lbs - 23 yrs old March --Wonder if Johansson will come play in Abby after SHL season is over? 

Would be great to see him play some AHL game and see his talent ..

8 hours ago, Jester13 said:

He better still be a big Canucks fan because I don't think Hughes is a big enough draw to have someone want to join our defence core/system.

We have opportunity out the whazoo here. Hughes partner or otherwise. Who on our RD is either in our long term plans, or indispensable/not easily surpassed? 

crickets-crickets-chirping.gif

The opportunity to compete to play meaningful minutes, establish themselves for future contracts etc, is a huge selling point to college UFA's.

• There it is 1

He sees an opportunity to make the team this season and burn a year off of ELC. He has good chance to make the team next year without much competition, especially if we unload Myers.

I hope we also bring back Tryamkin too as he can play the right side but shoots left.

LDs: Hughes-OEL-Dermott-Stilman

RDs: Myers-Bear-Tryamkin-Livingstone-Schenn.

Trade Myers and bring in Severson on a 4 year deal?

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Offer this guy first pair D with Hughes. Offer him all that we can. Pay him the friggin’ moon. It’s unforgivable if we don’t get this kid. 

If he signs before his April 9 birthday he is eligible for a 2 year entry level contract, he is currently 23.

If he signs after that he is eligible for a one year contract.

Of course we would like the 2 years.

I am betting he will wait and sign for one, makes sense for him to be limited to only one year on an ELC.

Edited by Ilunga
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We have opportunity out the whazoo here. Hughes partner or otherwise. Who on our RD is either in our long term plans, or indispensable/not easily surpassed? 

crickets-crickets-chirping.gif

The opportunity to compete to play meaningful minutes, establish themselves for future contracts etc, is a huge selling point to college UFA's.

If you had a bunch of other NHL teams interested in signing you, would our current Canucks be high on your list?

Hughes would be a great partner, no doubt, but I don't really see him getting gifted that opportunity, and I thus don't see him that interested in playing with anyone else on our backend, such as Dermott. Our defence and overall reputation around the league is a tire fire right now. Regardless of opportunity, there will be many other teams offering better situations with less pressure, better players, and still plenty of much more desirable opportunity.

9 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

If he signs before his April 9 birthday he is eligible for a 2 year entry level contract, he is currently 23.

If he signs after that he is eligible for a one year contract.

Of course we would like the 2 years.

I am betting he will wait and sign for one, makes sense for him to be limited to only one year on an ELC.

Whatever it takes, just get him signed. Lie, cheat, make up crap. Get him signed. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

9 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

If you had a bunch of other NHL teams interested in signing you, would our current Canucks be high on your list?

If I want to play? Yes.

Not going to get anywhere near the same opportunity on teams like CAR, NYR  or BOS etc. I really think you're discounting how valuable that opportunity is to a guy looking to establish himself as a pro and set himself up for his next contract.

You'd also have to think that this team really has only one direction to go (pending management continuing to make progress).

9 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Hughes would be a great partner, no doubt, but I don't really see him getting gifted that opportunity, and I thus don't see him that interested in playing with anyone else on our backend, such as Dermott. Our defence and overall reputation around the league is a tire fire right now. Regardless of opportunity, there will be many other teams offering better situations with less pressure, better players, and still plenty of much more desirable opportunity.

I don't think he'd be gifted it either. Due to the state of our defense, he very well might earn it over our other options.

Edited by aGENT
  • There it is 1

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If I want to play? Yes.

Not going to get anywhere near the same opportunity on teams like CAR, NYR  or BOS etc. I really think you're discounting how valuable that opportunity is to a guy looking to establish himself as a pro and set himself up for his next contract.

You'd also have to think that this team really has only one direction to go (pending management continuing to make progress).

I don't think he'd be gifted it either. Due to the state of our defense, he very well might earn it over our other options.

I'd say you might be discounting the distaste for playing on a losing team that's one of the worst teams in the league and with so much drama behind it to boot. 

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I'd say you might be discounting the distaste for playing on a losing team that's one of the worst teams in the league and with so much drama behind it to boot. 

Opportunity an paycheques outweigh that IMO. Also a good way to become part of the solution.