The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Eeli Tolvanen

2 hours ago, mll said:

Cap space issues due to injuries.  More details here:  

Thanks and context matters.  Seems to be very talented but he also seems to be mentally immature.  Anyways, to his own peril cause he is only hurting his future chances & contracts.  Francis and his coaches might have a gem or fools gold, time will tell.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

They need Myers!  Myers for Fabro + to balance the cap.  Get 'er done JR!:frantic:

Nashville is cap strapped.  They had to waive Tolvanen because they need his cap space so they can recall league minimum Ds to replace their injured Ds.  They could have just played 1 game short-handed.   

They are looking to trade Fabbro because his cap hit is too high - Myers costs even more than Fabbro.  Josi-McDonagh/Ekholm-Carrier is their top-4.  

5 hours ago, Devron said:

I called him a bust before he even played in the NHL. That’s about as premature as it gets. That’s the point and the fun of it. Not everyone can play and be a good player in this league. It’s interesting to make guesses and see how it pans out

I thought Brule would only be a few steps behind Crosby, he ended up a few continents behind him. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I'm surprised he made it all the way down to Seattle at 23

Makes me feel better.

Theres a lot of bad teams there that didn’t even feel this guy could help them.

He may very well be back on waivers in a month. 

• There it is 1

20 hours ago, mll said:

Nashville is cap strapped.  They had to waive Tolvanen because they need his cap space so they can recall league minimum Ds to replace their injured Ds.  They could have just played 1 game short-handed.   

They are looking to trade Fabbro because his cap hit is too high - Myers costs even more than Fabbro.  Josi-McDonagh/Ekholm-Carrier is their top-4.  

Easy solution.  Stillman for Fabbro.  Everyone wins.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

What was the hype behind this guy? He was drafted 30th overall. Essentially a second round player 

Had a very good D+1 season in the KHL.

Put up 22 on 40 a couple seasons ago. Looked like he projected to be a top 6.

Then his development seemed to stall for a couple seasons.

• Cheers 1

On 12/11/2022 at 6:13 PM, Devron said:

I did and people be all like he’s only 20 or something. It goes both ways though. I called out people that said Jack Hughes is a bust and I knew he would be a star

I Called Byfield a bust after the WJC. Looking like a good guess too,

Devron FTW

Where can i sign up for your hot take subscription ?

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...