The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Bo goes then get rid of Rutherford!

Rate this topic

Steve The Poolman

17 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Boeser needs a change of scenery, and does need to go I think. Happy to let Myers go as well for a bag of pucks.

No way I'm giving up on Demko this early. He could easily go on to win a cup with another team.

Yup.  Petey, Demko, Hughes we build around.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aquaman is the REAL issue; and I agree, with Alf that building around EP & etc, would be a good start.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/569255

Bo's status as a Canuck will depend on the cap; and with hindsight, the short termed JR signing, is looking very similar to the Messier signing.  But let's see what happens and hope I am wrong about JRs' hiring. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

No way I'm giving up on Demko this early. He could easily go on to win a cup with another team.

He definitely could.  

He could also be the asset that brings in the pieces we need to become an actual competitive team again.   

Both scenarios could be possible. 

• Cheers 1

I agree with building around Hughes and Petey. Not so much with Demko. I have an uneasy feeling that Demko has gone to the dark, Schneider side. He looks too uncomfortable in the crease like he has concentration problems. Kuzmenko and Martin might also be building pieces of the future. Garland I think can still be an effective player with his speed so I would hold off with him for now.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, 6YPE said:

I hear Bo turned $8 million down, what do you think is fair value for him? Should they just throw whatever he wants at him? 

what if its not about money?

and Bo just keeps turning them down

what should the management do then?

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, lmm said:

what if its not about money?

and Bo just keeps turning them down

what should the management do then?

Im not saying it is or isn't about money, I'm not privy to what's going on. I was asking what the max limit is ?? What's acceptable?. What if its only about money and Bo keeps turning them down?? Then what does management do?? 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I think we need to bring back performance bonuses in lieu of higher salaries. If all managements of all the teams go to this method then it could only improve the accountability of the players in this league. There are floaters that sign the big contracts and then coast or check out for a couple of games. Eight, 10, or 12 million dollar contacts should only be acheived with performance bonuses then we can watch how many players take nights off. Just a hought...

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1