The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 14, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, jyu said:

Because he doesn't want to re-sign with us? If he re-signs, then we don't trade him.

He could be paid quite handsomely if he hits the UFA market.

I am sure that's what his agent is telling him. That he could also sign with a team that has a chance to win the cup." You could play with Panarin in New York."

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

5 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I would take a 1st for Kuzmenko in this draft.   Let him play without Petey for a few months.  He could very well circle back to us.

I don't doubt Kuz is a skilled player but I don't think he's a play driver on his own. Someone needs to feed him the puck. He's a better version of Boeser.

We all forget how good Boeser was in his first season here. We shouldn't overpay players based on 1 season of work.

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Still you need to get something no matter what. Getting absolutely nothing out of it is just dumb. He's basically a free asset we never had. That's one of the reasons they signed him, knowing if they couldn't resign, at least they would get an asset for him. It sucks but it's true.

If we are out of the playoffs race then for sure yes, I agree.

If we are in the race and the best offer is a 2nd rounder or a B prospect? I'd hold on.

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Think he wants to be here or he wouldn't be playing here now.

Stupid one of our best players that we will have cap room for and people want to trade him lol.

He signed here knowing our lack of winger depth and the fact he would have a good chance playing on the top line with Petey upping his overall numbers for next years free agency. We were really the only team that could offer him first line minutes. Knowing this he knew the chance to get a lot of points was greater with this team. Meaning a big pay day in free agency. He doesn't really have anything that holds him here.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • RoughGame 1

12 minutes ago, jyu said:

Blake Coleman, a 20 goal scorer, got a 1st from Tampa in 2019-20, his salary was dirty cheap at that time like 1 mil?

I think Kuz is worth at least a 1st + prospect.

Blake Coleman is a center, not a winger, had multiple 20+ goal seasons on a cr*p team, plus is an excellent defensive player who likes to be physical and will drop the gloves.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • There it is 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

The Flames now have more losses than us.

Let that sink in.

If they didn’t sign Kadri, they would be in a much worse situation.

Also Hubs, don’t overpay on guys in contract years. Good luck to them.

• Cheers 1

Stupid one of our best players that we will have cap room for and people want to trade him lol.

You missed his agent saying he’s going to test the UFA market.

People don’t want to trade him. They just don’t want to lose an asset to free agency.

Just now, jyu said:

I don't doubt Kuz is a skilled player but I don't think he's a play driver on his own. Someone needs to feed him the puck. He's a better version of Boeser.

We all forget how good Boeser was in his first season here. We shouldn't overpay players based on 1 season of work.

I get it Boeser hasn’t been the best but

One season of work? 

let’s get realistic here

• Cheers 2

I don't know why he chose us but I'm thankful that he did.

No one wants to trade him unconditionally (well except maybe the imaginary people in you mind).

We are discussing a hypothetical scenario of if Kuz refuses to re-sign with us, what should we do?

Just now, jyu said:

I don't know why he chose us but I'm thankful that he did.

No one wants to trade him unconditionally (well except maybe the imaginary people in you mind).

We are discussing a hypothetical scenario of if Kuz refuses to re-sign with us, what should we do?

You deal with that when time comes.

Just now, jyu said:

Yeah.. there’s always risk.  I certainly don’t pay Kuzmenko 10 mil like the flames are giving Huberdeau.

But he sure seems like a quality skilled guy I’d love to keep.  For Brock’s current contract? I think I’d do that.

• Like 1