The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

When are we gonna see some big trades?? I'm not even interested in returns...  Just get the cap space back so we can extend Kuz and hopefully Bo too if we can trade all of Miller, Boeser and Myers!! 

No time soon. Roster freeze joes into effect tonight and doesn’t lift until the 29th 

• Like 1

I was at the game tonight. Right beside the press box. I overheard Riley Stillman. Listen closely. 

"A tank commander can be anyone — even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended,"

Stillman may not have played but he has inspired a movement. I know what you’re thinking: “the only movement tonight was a bowel movement”. But you’d be wrong. A generation of tankers have been created. A stoppable force that will be ready to meet all moveable objects. 

He truly is the hero we deserve. 

Riley Stillman will forever be remembered for bringing Bedard home. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Should have made Smyl president.

It wouldn’t matter who is president…. Owner will have the final say. So even if smyl came in and wanted to trade everyone for picks…. Aquaman with his stupid face will come in and nix it!

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

What happened to Stan Smyl. Remember his press conference last year about being tired of watching this team be too easy to play against.

Then JR got hired and I haven't heard or seen much since 

Don't feel bad for Smyl cause he is well paid for his skillset.  Politician well paid.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

9 minutes ago, van_ws said:

Where is the leadership? I haven't seen it since the Sedins retired. I don't care how many goals you score Bo, you ain't it and you aren't a leader. I just want to see a new captain who gives a shit and hates to lose. Too many damn nice guys here.

Luke Schenn to Bo Horvat.........

5c2.gif

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

10 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Thing is, in the ten games prior to these last two, the Canucks were playing .600 hockey.

For them to drop off a cliff like this suggests that many of the players are suffering from various degrees of the flu.

Maybe?   Possibly?

From what I have seen for the past 3 years... Not a chance.

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

That was Steamer getting royally screwed.  He was clearly under the impression he was going to be GM for a while when they trotted him out for a press conference.  He had no idea they had already hired a guy.

Anyone who has left, even up to Rachel Dorrie has mentioned him when saying there are some great people in the organization.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Should have made Smyl president.

I just don't understand. There has been such a disconnect between the fans and ownership for so long. 

I hope this is a speed bump in the big picture and that Steamer and the Sedins have a big say.

Its not looking good though.

Passionate Vancouver hockey fans deserve better. Not going to follow games any more when the majority of multi-million-dollar check collectors are still on the team but not doing anything to help at all, consistently:( .

Looks like they don’t care about any team win:(. Team losing games, they still have those massive paycheque…