The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 27, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

Lest we forget Bo was always a streaky 50ish point player who only cracked 30 goals last season for the first time captaining a team

that has continually had character and identity issues since he was thrust into the position he’s in. JT Miller should have been traded at last years deadline but let’s not forget aside from

this outlier season Horvat is not worth what he is going to command this off-season.

I’ve maintained this thought the last 3+ years, he’s far more value than some here give him credit for.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

Defensively we cannot afford to lose Myers, he has a far greater positive impact on our back end than he does a negative impact. Yes 6mil could be used towards another player, but my question is, WHO??? You arent getting anything better at that price tag and if you add another guy like Klingberg, lol you’ll pay a hefty price for 70+ giveaways all season. That guy is a major liability. Lets be honest, there really isnt a ton of options out there in free agency. For now Myers and OEL can be place holders until we develop players from within and start taking advantage of ELCs on youth who have spent time developing and are ready

You are definitely right there. I’m really hoping that Johansson kid turns into a player. The cupboards are bare 

Lol at Garland and Boeser's Ice time - both got more than EP, Bo, Mikey, Miller and Kuzmissile...my first thought was - JR telling BB to try and make them look good as perhaps there are suitors - like c'mon when was the last time Garland and "more than 18 min TOI" were in the same thought let alone reality.

• There it is 1

Just now, AnthonyG said:

Defensively we cannot afford to lose Myers, he has a far greater positive impact on our back end than he does a negative impact. Yes 6mil could be used towards another player, but my question is, WHO??? You arent getting anything better at that price tag and if you add another guy like Klingberg, lol you’ll pay a hefty price for 70+ giveaways all season. That guy is a major liability. Lets be honest, there really isnt a ton of options out there in free agency. For now Myers and OEL can be place holders until we develop players from within and start taking advantage of ELCs on youth who have spent time developing and are ready

Thats the conundrum for sure. You trade myers, who's gonna fill his shoes. 

If it's the giveaway machine Myers, we can probably find someone else to do that and save the cash. If it's Myers from tonight, prob best to keep him until we know where we're at at the TDL 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

Lol at Garland and Boeser's Ice time - both got more than EP, Bo, Mikey, Miller and Kuzmissile...my first thought was - JR telling BB to try and make them look good as perhaps there are suitors - like c'mon when was the last time Garland and "more than 18 min TOI" were in the same thought let alone reality.

It’s because Bruce ran all the lines evenly. Petey, Horvat and Miller all playing center on different lines. I don’t think there’s much to read into it other than we were winning and didn’t have to lean on one or 2 lines 

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

It’s just another skewed form of analytics, analytics are great as a portion of the picture but they’re far from the full picture 

Lol Faber had an epiphany and figured out a mathematical formula when I can just watch the game and tell him who the top dawg was. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I’ve maintained this thought the last 3+ years, he’s far more value than some here give him credit for.

His play this season has stretched his value far beyond what the Canuck’s should commit to given the state of the franchise. You sell

high on guys that you can outside of your franchise players which we have in Petey. It’s only good for the longevity of the franchise. By committing to hometown favourites over and over again given how bad this team has been for nearly a decade is the definition of insanity. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

yeah ive defended myers a bunch in the past but this year has looked terrible but alot of people were saying trade dickenson for scraps and also think managment probably could of done a 3rd instead of a 2nd but probably for the best we just wait it out.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

His play this season has stretched his value far beyond what the Canuck’s should commit to given the state of the franchise. You sell

high on guys that you can outside of your franchise players which we have in Petey. It’s only good for the longevity of the franchise. By committing to hometown favourites over and over again given how bad this team has been for nearly a decade is the definition of insanity. 

It will take some movements but it's not finalized yet, nor should it be. 

1 hour ago, jyu said:

Ep line didn’t look that good imo. Not compared to previous games. Hemmed in the zone against bonino line a few times. Couldn’t get the puck out, turning the puck over at the blue line.

But Horvat-mik were great. Boes was facilitating plays and handling the puck better. Boes needs to play with fast line mates. 

I disagree they generated scoring chances they scored yup they got caught in there own end but (who didn’t) over all they were good. 
I agree they’ve  looked better in other games. 

millers line looked like they we stuck  in the mud all night.