The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 27, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

Possibly. I am more comfortable saying this about Pettersson.

Hughes ceiling is still a bit uncertain. Sorry to quote Sportsnet again but apparently one of the host talked to a very respected person in the industry and saw his ceiling as Brian Campbell. So not exactly elite but very good. 

As a rookie Hughes matched Campbell’s best season.  I don’t think he is a good comp.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don’t know if that is an entirely fair take but he’s not a match up or responsible enough for defensive duties either. 

30 points in 34gp is clearly 2nd line numbers. 

Same #s as Kuzemenko.  If Miller was playing on Pete's line, his stats would be much higher.

Putting him on a line with Garner and Lazar will see his #s go downwards, although I suspect

it's a motivational attempt from Bruce.  Everyone has seen him play so much better.

He will come around at some point.  He's too passionate a player not to; especially if the

team starts to consistently win important games.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BCNate said:

As a rookie Hughes matched Campbell’s best season.  I don’t think he is a good comp.

Phil Houlsey more like it.  At 23, Quinn will continue to develop his game for the next 3-4 years.  He will be

a much better and more rounded player than anyone can imagine right now.  It sure would be great if he

could have a partner that could help hold down the fort while he does some free-wheeling.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

I don’t know if that is an entirely fair take but he’s not a match up or responsible enough for defensive duties either. 

30 points in 34gp is clearly 2nd line numbers. 

I agree, but he's 3C in Van!

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

Says the captain who rejected the offer and told the team he’s only staying if he gets paid more than Miller. 

He wants more money than offered doesn't mean he doesn't want to be here. It's called negotiation. 

If you apply the same thinking, then Canucks don't want him because they offered too little to him. 

It's professional sports.  The desire to play in a team or ability to keep a player in the team is secondary to money.  You are confounding the two.  Publicity, both sides stated that they want Bo to stay as Canucks.  

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

It was an honest question.

I haven't heard those reports from anyone but Hirsch.

I have heard a bit of hearsay and speculation.

You're saying that due to their losing games and that you believe they give up ...that means the room has issues?

...and giving up early? I see it that they often were leading in games, but have had crap D and no Demko so we couldn't hold those leads. They then went to have some games where they have come from behind, prompting BB talk about team resilience and to state that the team now believes they can come back..So I wouldn't look to assume room issues. Which is why I asked. 

Did you not watch since the beginning of the season? Score 3….blow a goal, then go into spiral mode. Miller Pouting all over the ice, no effort…shall I go on? The highlight; Schenn and Miller getting into a verbal altercation leaving the ice.

Bruce looking like he didn’t care, JR throwing whole organization under bus on multiple occasions, team looking disinterested, Boeser’s agent getting permission to look for a trade partner? Shall I go on?

I love the winning streak and enjoying watching the canucks right now, but saying the team doesn’t have issue is just burying your head in the sand.

But I guess all is well in Canuck fan flip flop land. Couple weeks back people wanted to trade everyone except Pettersson…and some even him!

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

"Just because the team was one thing during the early part of the season, doesn't mean the team will be the same during the latter half of the season."

-- Mahatma Gandhi

Haha… sounds more like a Fran Aquilini quota.

It’s just what this team does; suck at beginning of season, surge in second half, miss playoffs, get a shitty pick, say they have “unfinished business”, repete.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

Says the captain who rejected the offer and told the team he’s only staying if he gets paid more than Miller. 

Comedy What GIF by Karsten Torebjer

Its called negotiation...

its his retirement contract. 
At no time did he even the slightest suggest he doesn't want to play for Vancouver. 
If your boss offers you a 10$ to work and you think you should have more, you say no unless more is offered. 
It doesn't mean you don't want to work there or don't like it.... it means you think, you should be paid be better. Nothing more nothing less. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Comedy What GIF by Karsten Torebjer

Its called negotiation...

its his retirement contract. 
At no time did he even the slightest suggest he doesn't want to play for Vancouver. 
If your boss offers you a 10$ to work and you think you should have more, you say no unless more is offered. 
It doesn't mean you don't want to work there or don't like it.... it means you think, you should be paid be better. Nothing more nothing less. 

Too bad most of the world doesn't have people to negotiate for them.

• Cheers 1