The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Dec. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I agree, you shouldn't treat Atom and Peewee like that.

I didn't like JT being soo angry about it, I think I posted that already but if not, it is my opinion. 

However, it's JT...he is an important vet leader on this team known for his emotions by everyone under the sun. Since it is not a little kids divison and the NHL, these grown men can handle it. Its a tough game... Again, mountain out of mole hill.

Im Not No Way GIF

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

It’s the same play as getting an extra skater on the ice for a man advantage on a delayed penalty.

Same play .   It’s a set , exit D zone .

You’ve never seen that  ?!? 

the only difference is your down by a goal, with a min left,  and you need that advantage asap.

I have seen this. It is a set play.

Delia caused confusion, and created a distraction, and messed up skaters timming for entry into the O zone.

He should have been off on the earlier O zone entry ..  even Garret commented how the Coaches were telling him to the bench then.

Your so full of excuses for a Goalie who has played 5 seasons in the NHL , and been trained for these situations since he was 12 years old.

I agree with what you state. I think what I take issue with is how it was handled publicly by Miller. 

These situations take some discipline and respect from your leadership group too.

Getting frustrated and showing the world your lack of public respect for a team mate is also a factor in the big picture. Raises dressing room questions. 

Yes the play was basic text book how ever people get confused and we don't know why Dilia got confused on the play. That play didn't cost the Canucks the game. 

Miller's lack of production  and engagement contributed to the loss. Miller needs to start putting up and shut up. Lead by example instead of creating a distraction. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m thinking this is rehearsed.  Miller was waiting for Delia’s replacement to hop over the boards and create space in the neutral zone.  All the guys on the ice were in spots anticipating that scenario. Delia not getting off messed up what was supposed to happen.  

The guy is a back up rookie goalie. 

Christ cut him some slack. It was a frustrating part of the game. Of course Delia is going to be confused. But if blame is the thing we're doing. Look at other parts of the game especially the vets. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Another angle from TSN's feed. It seems like Delia gets the signal from Boudreau when Miller goes behind the net (the bench view is cut off at that point).

That's a great angle! Shows that Delia was waiting for signal but hesitated more from the direct pressure on Miller's tail coming toward him. Once he was clear, Miller banged the net. 

I'm guessing if there wasn't a guy directly on Miller's tail, Delia would have been gone. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m thinking this is rehearsed.  Miller was waiting for Delia’s replacement to hop over the boards and create space in the neutral zone.  All the guys on the ice were in spots anticipating that scenario. Delia not getting off messed up what was supposed to happen.  

Goalies don’t precide the puck carrying player out of the dzone period.   And if it happens it’s rare. It’s also rare to the point that miller should have known. Miller obviously sees himself as a leader. And he is. But his mistake was thinking Delia was on the same page. which afforded miller enough time to surmise it was up to him. Delia played it safe whereas miller let the momentum die. 

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes they got a few soft type calls and their 3rd period soft infractions didn't get a sniff. I'd say we  were missing one or two calls late in the game. 

The hooked and interference later in the game should have been called. OK NOW they put their whistles away? Gimme a break. 

Ruining our momentum by confusing what is a penalty anymore. Boud saw it. 

Yep.  Not as bad as it was in the 90s, but still pretty lame.

It was the Jets, so my hopes weren't high to begin with. But legitimately coulda been a different game if they got that tripping call in their favor.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

The guy is a back up rookie goalie. 

Christ cut him some slack. It was a frustrating part of the game. Of course Delia is going to be confused. But if blame is the thing we're doing. Look at other parts of the game especially the vets. 

Not blaming the goalie.  Just pointing out why JTM was yelling at the guy.  I’m sure the bench was hollering at him too. 

11 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

He also was one of our best in the dot overall, had the most shots on the team, zero giveaways/a takeaway a hit and a block. He was engaged.

People watch for his mistakes but don't look at the other stuff. 

He was also the most disrespectful team mate on the night. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

I agree with what you state. I think what I take issue with is how it was handled publicly by Miller. 

These situations take some discipline and respect from your leadership group too.

Getting frustrated and showing the world your lack of public respect for a team mate is also a factor in the big picture. Raises dressing room questions. 

Yes the play was basic text book how ever people get confused and we don't know why Dilia got confused on the play. That play didn't cost the Canucks the game. 

Miller's lack of production  and engagement contributed to the loss. Miller needs to start putting up and shut up. Lead by example instead of creating a distraction. 

Your trying to compound a single issue.

I could go in and say how this entire team needs to practice their passing skills because the entire team is weak in that department.

but I digress,     The Coaches we’re already calling the goalie to come to the bench,.  Then Miller waved , and told him twice to get off before proceeding behind Delia with the puck and having to yell at him to GTFO .

The Goalie is responsible .  It’s his only focal point at that TIME in the game, being a goal down.

He is looking for controled puck possession in his own zone ..  it is his only responsibility to get off asap.

Its not his responsibility to wonder about it, or delay time, and the xtra skater from getting on the ice.

His delay forces more fore checking pressure into his zone, and on the puck carrier.

id be just as pissed as JT.

Delia knows this

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

So tell coach Boudreau that then....

Miller is an Ahole and he is the guy that needs a coach yelling at him because then he understands when he does something wrong.

He is that stupid…

A smart player knows when he does something wrong snd adjust his game without anyone yelling, Petey as a great example.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Your trying to compound a single issue.

I could go in and say how this entire team needs to practice their passing skills because the entire team is weak in that department.

but I digress,     The Coaches we’re already calling the goalie to come to the bench,.  Then Miller waved , and told him twice to get off before proceeding behind Delia with the puck and having to yell at him to GTFO .

The Goalie is responsible .  It’s his only focal point at that TIME in the game, being a goal down.

He is looking for controled puck possession in his own zone ..  it is his only responsibility to get off asap.

Its not his responsibility to wonder about it, or delay time, and the xtra skater from getting on the ice.

I'm stating my opinion not building a compound problem. Observations that I see. 

I'm not even disagreeing with you about goalie responsibility. my point is public disrespect. 

• Like 2