The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Dec. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

57 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Also, while I was hoping canucks would pull through and go on a serious run to make the playoffs, as others have mentioned, January schedule is very tough. 

Maybe the team makes Allvins job easier by being well out of it  before the trade deadline. 

Back before the Sedins when canucks were a mediocre team. The mantra to make playoffs had always been beat the teams you should beat and go 500 against the others. 

I wonder where we are at record wise in terms of playing playoff teams. Like how many games below 500?

1-7 East playoff teams (1-5-1-1 i guess if include the OTL and SO losses)

6-5 west (1-4 vs central, 5-1 pacific)

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
sol

10 hours ago, quattrobaj said:

According to Satiar Shah and Imac.. they said there was another video with a different camera angle that showed Boudreau signaling Delia to get to the bench 20 secs before he actually got off.  So there's that.

I'd like to see that.

I was watching the bench instead of Mills and Delia and as far as I could tell, they were all looking towards the other end of the ice.

Could have happened before, as you said, because 20 seconds can be a long time in a hockey game.

Bill Mosienko:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Yes he was unsure.   Miller's action caused the proper reaction.     And don't fault either player.    Or think there will be any hard feelings.  

Spot on... if anything it was most likely the bench, who didn't instruct Delia properly...

They speak afterwards and there will be zero issues. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

I'm not sure Delia understood what was going on.   It's the job of the vets to help the younger or newer NHLers on the ice.   Myers constantly screamed assignments over to OJ, OJ was appreciative.   Suppose that's two different things, but Delia did need to leave the net.   We had possession.  

Edit:  Chalk it up to a learning experience.  Sure Delia won't hesitate next time. 

2 hours ago, chon derry said:

There’s no doubt about delia’s confusion  given the noise factor. And a very real possibility that Delia has never been confronted with rushing to the bench whist the puck is behind the net. Him not knowing if miller’s going to move the puck out to another player further up ice. His role is positional as well. There’s also the a distraction element at play if he’s trying to look at the bench , which by under any other pull the goalie circumstance is exactly what he’s supposed to do. He may well have not wanted to turn his head back wards for a couple of reasons. 

Obviously just some confusion on the play. Understandable with your 3rd/4th string goalie playing his 35th game in 5 years and 3rd game ever for Van. I'm not sure they practiced that a lot together. Miller does seem unorthodox though not playing the puck to anyone else and setting up behind his own net while screaming and motioning all over the place. I was confused too as to what he wanted to happen there.

Normally a pretty nothing play but the horrible decision to sign this guy has everyone pissed off at his childish antics.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Hate to loose... If it only was that I saw.

I've seen a lot of players hating to loose smashing everything around them.

That isn't the same as taking out their anger at team mates or think that they are better players than the other. 

If they want to act that way they actually have to be better in all areas than the other.

Is he that good or should he get down and get to work instead?

The only player that can act like what Miller did last night, is Michael Jordan. 

Gretz and Lemieux don’t have the personality for such antics. Yzerman maybe. 

9 minutes ago, spook007 said:

He sidn't take his anger out in his team mate. They were chasing a goal and with Delia doubting, what to do, he woke him up. He took responsibility... 

Don't get all this concerns, that he was too hard on him etc etc etc...

they had slightly more than 60sec to go, and were chasing a goal. 
Somebody needed to make a decision and Miller did so... good on him. 

I don't have a problem with Miller getting Delia to focus. ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I am still mystified. 

What the hell is wrong with our pk? 

It can't be the personnel. 

We got new guys like Ilya, Lazar... 

We have good / decent players like Petterson, Horvat. 

Doesn't seem to matter whether we get new players. 

Which coach is answerable to the PK? If it's the same one since last year, pretty sure a chance is required. 

A better PK would probably have us in a playoff position. Unless JR is a genius and keeping the pk coach is his way of stealth tanking

Frieda for peace – Zoo Berlin

Our overall team defence absolutely stinks. This becomes very apparent when we are forced to do it for 2 minutes straight. 

We can't. Our personnel sucks but the coaching isn't much better. Forget about the playoffs lol. If our team was any good we'd be in a playoff spot.

12 hours ago, hammertime said:

WPG just has our number. We always play flat against them for the past couple years I'm too lazy to look it up but our record against them must be really bad for a while now. 

We have a 12-22-1 record against the Jets since they moved from Atlanta. And when playing in Winnipeg they have a 5-15 record. When they were the Thrashers we had a 7-2 record. 

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 1

Game could've gone either way....Jets benefited from 5 of 7 calls made in the 2nd/3rd and got some lucky tip in bounces. Not sure why Mik didn't get a call on the hook on his breakaway but it is what it is. Weak sauce reffing. Penalty shot one way and the other way...nothing. Oh well, used to sub par officiating.

3-2 until an empty netter sealed the deal.

Big bad Jets took over in the second when they were gifted some momentum...took it and ran with it. That's a good team over there.

This delusional fan'll still be giddy when we win. Not changing that any time soon because if ever I don't get happy over my team's wins, I'll pack it in. But don't count on that happening, I'm on this bandwagon win and lose. A sucker for punishment I guess.

GO CANUCKS GO

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Miller is a "D" bag

A Goalie doesn't leave his net until the puck leaves the "D" Zone unless waved in from the Head Coach!

Miller has single handedly blew games himself with selfish stupid puck give aways in his own zone

What would have happened if he broke his stick when he smacked the Goalies net with it in his fit of anger

The rookie Goalie that made 35 saves in that game

Rookie???  He's played 35 NHL games over 5 seasons

7 games more than Spencer Martin